+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i travel outside Canada after oath and apply for passport outside canada?!!

calgybwn

Nov 2, 2022
Hi guys, im in a really confusing situation and would really appreciate if you could guide me how to tackle the situation, I hold a spousal family visa in UK and just landed a dream job in UK which under any circumstances cannot be delayed and need to immediately leave for UK after my oath. I do not intend to delay or postpone my oath. My dilemma is,

- Can I apply for my Canadian passport outside Canada with my citizenship certificate as I will not have a PR card to return to canada at a later time to apply for my passport.

- Will I be allowed to leave Canada immediately after my oath without my PR card, as my relatives in Canada can courier my Citizenship certificate to UK once received by mail.

Help is really appreciated and thanks in advance.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi guys, im in a really confusing situation and would really appreciate if you could guide me how to tackle the situation, I hold a spousal family visa in UK and just landed a dream job in UK which under any circumstances cannot be delayed and need to immediately leave for UK after my oath. I do not intend to delay or postpone my oath. My dilemma is,

- Can I apply for my Canadian passport outside Canada with my citizenship certificate as I will not have a PR card to return to canada at a later time to apply for my passport.

- Will I be allowed to leave Canada immediately after my oath without my PR card, as my relatives in Canada can courier my Citizenship certificate to UK once received by mail.

Help is really appreciated and thanks in advance.
quite a few threads dealing with this. Search the forum.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes (assuming other documentation of course).

Canada has no exit controls at border, so as long as you can board your plane/steamer/contiki raft you're good.