+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel outside canada after getting OINP

Feb 16, 2016
Hi,

Can anybody give me advice please.

Can I go back to my country because my open working permit extention has been denied but I got my Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) Confirmation of Nomination document. Is it possible if I choose to go back to my country and apply visitor visa and going back to Canada as a visitor.

Is that mean I will lose my OINP?
or please give me suggestion, what am I suppose to do?

Thank you.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Congrats on your nomination. Yes you can move anywhere in the world during this process. Only thing you need to make sure is that you inform OINP and later on IRCC about your change in country and address. Make changes accordingly in your EE profile as well. You can choose to apply for visitor visa for Canada once you are back to your home country.

pkchu

Jan 4, 2022
Congrats on your nomination. Yes you can move anywhere in the world during this process. Only thing you need to make sure is that you inform OINP and later on IRCC about your change in country and address. Make changes accordingly in your EE profile as well. You can choose to apply for visitor visa for Canada once you are back to your home country.
will that affect the processing time or ia there any consequences that after oinp your permit expired and out of status in canada ( no visitor record)
please reply

May 6, 2022
I would like to get a suggestion or an advice from you. Last year May, I, applied for OINP international students employer job offer stream and after 8 months I got the nomination from Ontario govt. currently I am trying to apply on the ircc non express entry portal..

When I applied for OINP my title of the job was associate software engineer with noc 21231. But it took 8 month for my approval, eventually now my title got changed to QA engineer with same roles and responsibilities and same noc code 21231, also there is a slight difference in the salary range. So, while applying on ircc portal should I attach the work experience letter based on the previous title ( the documents which I attached while applying for OINP) or should I get another employment letter with new job title and salary wage? Note, I work in the same company.

If it’s possible could you please give an advice in this scenario? Thanks in advance!

AJokersDream

Star Member
Dec 10, 2023
Hi,

Can anybody give me advice please.

Can I go back to my country because my open working permit extention has been denied but I got my Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) Confirmation of Nomination document. Is it possible if I choose to go back to my country and apply visitor visa and going back to Canada as a visitor.

Is that mean I will lose my OINP?
or please give me suggestion, what am I suppose to do?

Thank you.
Hi may I know what happened with your application ?

AJokersDream

Star Member
Dec 10, 2023
will that affect the processing time or ia there any consequences that after oinp your permit expired and out of status in canada ( no visitor record)
please reply
Are you in the same boat, I received an invite but my work permit is expired and my implied status is about to be rejected, how to proceed with my NOI any advice ?