+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel out of Canada without my PR card

MerLrx

Jun 10, 2022
Hi all, recently I've received my Ecopr its been about a month and I still have not received my PR card I'm assuming It'll take another few months (last stretch) yay. My question is I wanted to leave Canada for a holiday with my son, can I leave the country and come back by applying for a ETA and entering as a visitor? will that mess anything up?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, recently I've received my Ecopr its been about a month and I still have not received my PR card I'm assuming It'll take another few months (last stretch) yay. My question is I wanted to leave Canada for a holiday with my son, can I leave the country and come back by applying for a ETA and entering as a visitor? will that mess anything up?
You will need either a vaild PR Card or PRTD to return to Canada via a comecial carrier. You can return in a personal vehicle at a land PoE without needing either of those. You just need to have something that shows that you are a PR (once you are a PR you are no longer considered a visitor)

Reactions: armoured

MerLrx

Jun 10, 2022
You will need either a vaild PR Card or PRTD to return to Canada via a comecial carrier. You can return in a personal vehicle at a land PoE without needing either of those. You just need to have something that shows that you are a PR (once you are a PR you are no longer considered a visitor)
Aw that sure sounds like a lot to do, what about my son if you have any idea what would be required of him. He's a Singaporean with a Singapore passport, his father is Canadian and we already applied for a proof of citizenship which is still under processing as well could he enter back on ETA?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need either your PR card or a PRTD if flying. Otherwise you can fly to the US and re-enter Canada through a land border using a private vehicle. Any chance you are american? That would change the answer.

MerLrx

Jun 10, 2022
You need either your PR card or a PRTD if flying. Otherwise you can fly to the US and re-enter Canada through a land border using a private vehicle. Any chance you are american? That would change the answer.
No neither of us is American, we are Singaporean. That being said I'm starting to realize that the only way for me to travel back to Canada would be to apply for the PRTD or drive in from the US by entering the US as a visitor. Seems like a long process so I'd have to weighs my pros and cons I guess. Last question I have would be, my son is a Singaporean holding a Singaporean passport, his father is Canadian and we have applied for a Citizenship proof. We have been waiting on it for a really long time now and it still says in process. Can he travel back into Canada on an ETA again then?