+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel on different dates than the date I provide in visa application?

Jul 11, 2020
I am applying for Canada tourist visa. Right now, my plan is not final whether I will travel to Canada or not but I wanted to get a visa just in case I travel. In the application, it asks for date of stay. Is it okay to provide some date of stay in the application but in actual, I might travel on completely different date?

Has anyone faced issue due to this in past? Or this is completely fine?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I am applying for Canada tourist visa. Right now, my plan is not final whether I will travel to Canada or not but I wanted to get a visa just in case I travel. In the application, it asks for date of stay. Is it okay to provide some date of stay in the application but in actual, I might travel on completely different date?

Has anyone faced issue due to this in past? Or this is completely fine?
That shouldn't be a problem, they just want to see that you have a plan of where you are going, what you are doing and you have the finances to support yourself. Peoples plans can change. Keep your planned length of stay reasonable, don't say you are planning to stay for many months.

JaneRuiz

Aug 9, 2023
Hey there! Applying for a Canada tourist visa sounds exciting! I totally get your dilemma about the travel dates. It's usually fine to provide tentative dates on the application. Just make sure to explain your situation honestly if they ask. Many travelers have done this without any issues. Remember, plans can change, and visa officers understand that.