+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I transfer from high school to college/ university?

Anik1204

Oct 23, 2019
I am currently studying in Grade 12 in Ontario . I had given HSC exam back home which stands for Higher Secondary Certificate. And it is used for admission in undergraduate programs for international student. So my results are recently published. So I was wondering if I could use that certificate to transfer to any undergraduate program now.

Currently I am holding study permit of primary or secondary school

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You can't "transfer" to undergraduate programs.

You can apply to universities for admission. They will want your transcripts, and they will ask you if you are currently studying. Since you are, you should probably let them know.

Having studies in English in Ontario may exempt you from needing IELTS scores for your university admission. If you are currently in Grade 12 there are ways you can submit interim marksheets for admissions review.

However, universities only admit students at specific times in the year. You have missed the cutoff, most likely, for admission in January. You could potentially be admitted in the Fall, but that deadline is fast approaching.

You will also need a different study permit if primary or secondary school is listed on your study permit.

Anik1204

Oct 23, 2019
You can't "transfer" to undergraduate programs.

You can apply to universities for admission. They will want your transcripts, and they will ask you if you are currently studying. Since you are, you should probably let them know.

Having studies in English in Ontario may exempt you from needing IELTS scores for your university admission. If you are currently in Grade 12 there are ways you can submit interim marksheets for admissions review.

However, universities only admit students at specific times in the year. You have missed the cutoff, most likely, for admission in January. You could potentially be admitted in the Fall, but that deadline is fast approaching.

You will also need a different study permit if primary or secondary school is listed on your study permit.
So will CIC do some problem with it?
For the study permit? And will they issue a new study permit without making any complications?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Applying for a new study permit you will still need an offer from a college,/uni show ability to pay international fees , 15-18000 plus 10000 living a year and fact that you will plan to return to your home country on completion. So basically same as anyone else applying for a study permit plus be aware applying from inside Canada can get extra scrutiny on long term intentions.

Reactions: k.h.p.

Anik1204

Oct 23, 2019
So I am currently studying in Grade 12 first semester in a school of TDSB(Toronto District School Board) and I had my visa and study permit from their acceptance letter. And the permit is only for primary or secondary school. And my HSC result has been recently published in my country. So what's the next process for me to resign of high school and get admission in any undergraduate program?
I am planning to move to Calgary from Ontario. So kindly guide me what should I do next. I am planning to get admission in the January intake.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I am currently studying in Grade 12 first semester in a school of TDSB(Toronto District School Board) and I had my visa and study permit from their acceptance letter. And the permit is only for primary or secondary school. And my HSC result has been recently published in my country. So what's the next process for me to resign of high school and get admission in any undergraduate program?
I am planning to move to Calgary from Ontario. So kindly guide me what should I do next. I am planning to get admission in the January intake.
Get an offer letter from University of Calgary.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You need an offer from a university first before you can proceed with anything and time is against you now to both get an offer and resolve any study permit requirements. Unlikely I think for January so maybe plan for later in 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are unable to pay the tuition for HS are you currently studying? If not what are you doing? You can’t just remain in Canada while not attending school. Your school she be advising IRCC that you have not paid fees and are not attending and your permit will be cancelled. If you had finished high school already why were you planning on paying to attend school in Canada. It is likely too late for admission for January but you can check with the school. You still have the lack of funds issue to deal with.

Anik1204

Oct 23, 2019
Get an offer letter from University of Calgary.
then? do I need to contact with the school?
If you are unable to pay the tuition for HS are you currently studying? If not what are you doing? You can’t just remain in Canada while not attending school. Your school she be advising IRCC that you have not paid fees and are not attending and your permit will be cancelled.
I have already paid the full tuition fee of 1 year of HS.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you not the “friend” who can no longer pay your fees? You started talking about marrying a Canadian but no longer mentioned it being your friend.

Anik1204

Oct 23, 2019
Are you not the “friend” who can no longer pay your fees? You started talking about marrying a Canadian but no longer mentioned it being your friend.
This is just off topic. The tuition fee related topic was about my friend. And the marrying thing was my girlfriend is about to Claim refugee that’s why i said that. But you are discussing off-topic here

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
then? do I need to contact with the school?

I have already paid the full tuition fee of 1 year of HS.
No, you don't "contact with the school". You need to actually apply for admission, just like everyone else. If you are not familiar with how to apply for a university, Google it.

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Go to your High School's Guidance Department and get this info.