+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I take the Oath from outside Canada?

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
I just received the Oath invitation when I am still outside of Canada and unable to leave that soon
Is that ok to take the Oath while outside Canada?
I can ask my family to send me the Certificate and apply new passport through Canada embassy at the place I am staying right now. Is this possible?

Thank you for any advice

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I just received the Oath invitation when I am still outside of Canada and unable to leave that soon
I can ask my family to send me the Certificate and apply new passport through Canada embassy at the place I am staying right now. Is this possible?

Thank you for any advice
Reply back to the email that sent you oath invitation saying you wanna request taking oath outside Canada. They will forward the request to Registar of Canadian citizenship.

Reactions: mintmint

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thank you for any advice
You can’t take the scheduled oath without being in Canada. You will be asked if you are in Canada for your current oath appointment and the software can identify where you are. Lying would put your citizenship application at risk. .You will have to try to request an oath abroad and see what happens. If you are sponsoring your parents you should be in Canada maintaining your LICO.

Reactions: mintmint

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Reply back to the email that sent you oath invitation saying you wanna request taking oath outside Canada. They will forward the request to Registar of Canadian citizenship.
am I able to request taking oath abroad? Do you know where can I find those information? much appreciated

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
You can’t take the scheduled oath without being in Canada. You will be asked if you are in Canada for your current oath appointment and the software can identify where you are. Lying would put your citizenship application at risk. .You will have to try to request an oath abroad and see what happens. If you are sponsoring your parents you should be in Canada maintaining your LICO.
Do you know where can I find information about "requesting oath abroad"? I've never know thats exist. Thanks in advance!

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
am I able to request taking oath abroad? Do you know where can I find those information? much appreciated
No one knows. They may or may not approve it.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I guess I should ask them directly, nothing harmful for a question, right? :rolleyes:
Right, tell them BA2. variant is ravaging right now across Canada. You probably will be infected through travelling. Many of my friends in rural Ontario got Covid......The news said it'll be like 10,000 cases daily in Ontario in the coming weeks.

Reactions: harirajmohan