+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I take french class with PGWP without working

May12

Feb 7, 2021
Hi, guys!

l’d like to make it sure one thing not very clear. I’m waiting PR with PGWP. Can I take a free government french class? I heard if PGWP holder studies full time, PR can be canceled.
Currently I don’t work after CSQ issued( PEQ)

Danni

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
QSW
the part-time option is ok, but you can not study anything full-time with PGWP

Reactions: May12

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, guys!

l’d like to make it sure one thing not very clear. I’m waiting PR with PGWP. Can I take a free government french class? I heard if PGWP holder studies full time, PR can be canceled.
Don't believe you qualify for the free classes if you have PGWP. It's also unclear if any of the programs are running

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi, guys!

you could try to go to any french school board near you and ask for it.
As you have CSQ you could try.
the school board could show you any other option because years ago the law changed to be more flixible and open.

Mauvaise_vibe

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
Hi, guys!

There are online study at your own classes going on by government. But, with PGWP restrictions not sure if it will be a good idea to pursue that.

Aeternus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
As per immigration Quebec, yes you can study French course provided by Quebec government full time when you are in PGWP.

However, if you got your CSQ thru PEQ, which means you submitted and declared your French level is Niveau 7. I strongly implore you not to take the course. They will assess your French level before the course start, and they will ask you some questions if they think your French level is actually lower.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/news/news-2020/francization-reduced-requirements.html
The Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI) informed its clients and partners that asylum seekers and temporary foreign workers already in Québec as well as their spouses and dependent children aged 16 and over are no longer required to obtain a Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) for studies or a study permit in order to enrol in the Québec government’s francization classes geared towards their integration, regardless of the duration of these classes.

Following discussions with the federal government and to facilitate access to francization services, it was agreed that these applicants will no longer be required to apply for a study permit in order to enrol in francization courses. Consequently, the CAQ for studies will also no longer be required.

In 2019, the Ministère improved the eligibility conditions for francization services and financial assistance by allowing, in particular, temporary foreign workers to enrol in classes and receive these allowances. Removing the requirement of a CAQ and a study permit will further simplify the process for these applicants.

Other eligibility criteria may apply for enrolling in French courses, the language of integration in Québec. For more details, consult the section on French courses offered by the Québec government.

It is the responsibility of each person immigrating to Québec to ensure that they respect the conditions related their stay.

Mauvaise_vibe

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
As per immigration Quebec, yes you can study French course provided by Quebec government full time when you are in PGWP.

However, if you got your CSQ thru PEQ, which means you submitted and declared your French level is Niveau 7. I strongly implore you not to take the course. They will assess your French level before the course start, and they will ask you some questions if they think your French level is actually lower.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/news/news-2020/francization-reduced-requirements.html
I don't think placement test could pose any problem on CSQ. Because people's french level can go lower or higher based on their everyday practice. For instance, i will lose my command on french if i don't practice it enough.

And i think these courses are designed to catch up on lost skills.

Reactions: aeya

vincentz

Mar 17, 2021
Hi, guys!

Hi,

I am planning to register for full-time course with PGWP, could you please tell me if you succeed registering? Thanks.