+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I sue the Citizenship and Immigration Canada?

Sukkar

Apr 24, 2014
I have been rejected by the immigration section of the embassy of Canada in one of the countries in the middle east. As I applied lately in 2009 for immigration as an investor, and unfortunately i got rejected in January 2014 for some reasons which do not apply on me. the reasons are:

1- For not submitting the police certificates from the country of residence for each member of the family who his age is above 18.
2- For not submitting the medical examinations requested from us except for one family member.
However, all these documents were sent.
1- The police certificates were sent .
2- All the family members have done their medical examinations and their medical exam results were sent

So where and how can I sue the CIC because of all damages and wastage of money and time they caused me?

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll need to hire a lawyer in Canada to represent you if you wish to sue CIC. So I would start by hiring a good lawyer.

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
Have you contacted CIC to verify the error? It seems more than strange that they will refuse on these grounds if you in fact submitted the documents..

Did you keep copies of the police certificates that you submitted? Were they within the validity period, and did you submit for each member above 18yrs and for every country that you have resided for more than 6 months?

Did you keep copies of the receipts for your medicals for the entire family?

If you have all of these copies then I would have contacted CIC first with your documents to verify the error, before looking for a lawyer to sue them.

Remember you are also dealing with a very small window as there are plans to cancel all pending applications in this category.

Sukkar

Apr 24, 2014
sckel said:
Have you contacted CIC to verify the error? It seems more than strange that they will refuse on these grounds if you in fact submitted the documents..

Did you keep copies of the police certificates that you submitted? Were they within the validity period, and did you submit for each member above 18yrs and for every country that you have resided for more than 6 months?

Did you keep copies of the receipts for your medicals for the entire family?

If you have all of these copies then I would have contacted CIC first with your documents to verify the error, before looking for a lawyer to sue them.

Remember you are also dealing with a very small window as there are plans to cancel all pending applications in this category.
I have copies of the police certificates and for sure they were within validity period, and It was submitted for each member above 18 years old and for every country they have resided for more than 6 months, and I also have the tracking number of the shipment and the name of the person who received and signed for receiving the police certificates.

I also have receipts for the medicals for the entire family and also a copy of the tracking number and the person who received and signed for receiving the medical reports.

We did try contacting the immigration section in that Canadian embassy and provided them with all the details. but all they were able to tell us was that we have to submit a new application and pay the applicable processing fees. Any new or additional information will not be considered because the application is closed.

All what I want now is just getting back the money I paid as I applied as an investor and some compensation for all the time and effort they wasted for me? and I'll be thankful.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Do you have the right to appeal? If yes, you have to act fast.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sukkar said:
I have been rejected by the immigration section of the embassy of Canada in one of the countries in the middle east. As I applied lately in 2009 for immigration as an investor, and unfortunately i got rejected in January 2014 for some reasons which do not apply on me. the reasons are:

1- For not submitting the police certificates from the country of residence for each member of the family who his age is above 18.
2- For not submitting the medical examinations requested from us except for one family member.
However, all these documents were sent.
1- The police certificates were sent .
2- All the family members have done their medical examinations and their medical exam results were sent

So where and how can I sue the CIC because of all damages and wastage of money and time they caused me?

Thank you
Sure - hire a Canadian Lawyer and you can go from there