+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I submit two Express Entry PR applications?

EddieYikSan

Dec 9, 2020
I have an active pending EE-PNP application AOR 2020.2.5. It was transferred to the Etobicoke local visa office in June 2020. The last activity was last June. Currently, IRCC is processing CEC with full capacity and Etobicoke is one of the slowest offices of processing cases. It also processes all landings in GTA with full capacity. It's frustrating to have a EE profile queuing for processing longer than paper-based ones.

I have another CEC ITA from the last draw of 75 scores. I thought it will never be issued ITA, so I didn't withdraw or update it. I never expect it will be invited until the last draw. I want to submit another CEC application as it is the priority of IRCC, but I don't want to withdraw my existing EE-PNP. Is it possible? Are there any problems?

I read IRPA and only found that you cannot have two EE profiles. But the law didn't forbid applicants to have two PR applications at the same time. I thought EE-PNP is a different category compared to CEC. Any thoughts? Appreciate your inputs.