+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i submit my Passport to VFS of another country

canadi

Feb 10, 2022
I applied for my study permit from Pakistan, I also submitted biometrics and medical from there.

Now I am in Kuwait when i got PPR request.

Can i submit passport for stamping in Kuwait? or I must have to submit passport in Pakistan.

Anyone have Info or similar experience please share!

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Have you tried contacting the local VFS center? Maybe they can help you... If I were you, I would do it in the country where I applied. The IRCC process is complicated enough as it is, I would avoid adding another layer of complications.

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
I applied for my study permit from Pakistan, I also submitted biometrics and medical from there.

Now I am in Kuwait when i got PPR request.

Can i submit passport for stamping in Kuwait? or I must have to submit passport in Pakistan.

Anyone have Info or similar experience please share!
VFS Global handles stuff for the Government of Canada in Kuwait (Visa application Centre). I urge you to contact them directly and ask them this question. Follow their instructions. VFS/VAC offices facilitate submitting the passports to the high commission/consulate, which processes and stamps the visa for that region. If the regional processing consulate/high commission is the same for Kuwait and Pakistan, it may be easy for them to trace your application and send it. But I'm not an expert. So, ask them directly. Contact details are in the link below.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/kwt/en/can/contact-us

EDIT-According to the link below, the Canadian Visa Office that processes applications for both Kuwait and Pakistan is in Abu Dhabi, so that could be an advantage. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html

canadi

Feb 10, 2022
VFS Global handles stuff for the Government of Canada in Kuwait (Visa application Centre). I urge you to contact them directly and ask them this question. Follow their instructions. VFS/VAC offices facilitate submitting the passports to the high commission/consulate, which processes and stamps the visa for that region. If the regional processing consulate/high commission is the same for Kuwait and Pakistan, it may be easy for them to trace your application and send it. But I'm not an expert. So, ask them directly. Contact details are in the link below.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/kwt/en/can/contact-us

EDIT-According to the link below, the Canadian Visa Office that processes applications for both Kuwait and Pakistan is in Abu Dhabi, so that could be an advantage. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html
Thank you for response,
I contacted VFS by call , and he said check your passport request letter for instructions to know where you should submit.
on Passport request letter's link following is written,

To determine where to send your passport, you will need to refer to the answers you provided to questions 7 and 9 on your application form with regards to your country of residence and your country of application.
If you do not have a copy of your completed and validated application form, it can be accessed through your account.
To access your application in your account
In your application form, if you have answered:
  1. Yes to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 7
  2. No to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 9
i have written address from Pakistan in both fields.
some people are saying you can submit in Kuwait and some are saying don't, what do you think?

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
Thank you for response,
I contacted VFS by call , and he said check your passport request letter for instructions to know where you should submit.
on Passport request letter's link following is written,

To determine where to send your passport, you will need to refer to the answers you provided to questions 7 and 9 on your application form with regards to your country of residence and your country of application.
If you do not have a copy of your completed and validated application form, it can be accessed through your account.
To access your application in your account
In your application form, if you have answered:
  1. Yes to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 7
  2. No to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 9
i have written address from Pakistan in both fields.
some people are saying you can submit in Kuwait and some are saying don't, what do you think?
Then they've cleared the confusion. Since you applied out of Pakistan and mentioned the country of residence and application as Pakistan, they cannot change it, unfortunately. Is there any way you can fly back to Pakistan to submit it at the VAC near your residence, before the 30-day deadline is up?

canadi

Feb 10, 2022
Then they've cleared the confusion. Since you applied out of Pakistan and mentioned the country of residence and application as Pakistan, they cannot change it, unfortunately. Is there any way you can fly back to Pakistan to submit it at the VAC near your residence, before the 30-day deadline is up?
I submitted my passport in Kuwait VFS, it will get stamp from UAE. hoping for best.

Reactions: RamSatt

Ammarhaider22

Jul 17, 2019
Muscat, Oman
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VFS Muscat
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
1-08-2019
I submitted my passport in Kuwait VFS, it will get stamp from UAE. hoping for best.
Hello, Can you confirm if everything worked out well for you? I am in the same situation so need to know.