+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I submit a paper application while my online application still in process?

wvanderlinden

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
My background verification (the security clearance part) is taking forever compared to other applicants with similar backgrounds despite my application is very straightforward (I had 2 jobs and travelled 1 time "3 weeks vacation" in the past 8 years). Would be a problem/conflict if I submit a paper application while my online application still "in process"? I'm just wondering if a different officer/office will be processing my paper application.

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
lets say... you can yes.. but your paper application will be returned since your UCI has already been in the GCMS for citizenship application process....
so just dont waste your time to submit paper applicaiton again .. its meaningless...

plus, i submitted my online application in July 2021 and AOR in Oct 2021.. but my BGC got done in Dec 2022...so my security check took like a year to finish... just be patient i guess....

Reactions: snoopyta

wvanderlinden

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
lets say... you can yes.. but your paper application will be returned since your UCI has already been in the GCMS for citizenship application process....
so just dont waste your time to submit paper applicaiton again .. its meaningless...

plus, i submitted my online application in July 2021 and AOR in Oct 2021.. but my BGC got done in Dec 2022...so my security check took like a year to finish... just be patient i guess....
Thanks for the reply. The thing is could take a year or 2 or maybe 3, since the IRCC officer decided that my application is non-routine.

How about withdrawing the application and submitting another application? I'm afraid that my UCI is already flagged and i'm gonna stuck with the security clearance again!

wink

May 25, 2021
Thanks for the reply. The thing is could take a year or 2 or maybe 3, since the IRCC officer decided that my application is non-routine.

How about withdrawing the application and submitting another application? I'm afraid that my UCI is already flagged and i'm gonna stuck with the security clearance again!
In your case, it (withdrawing and re-applying) is not going to help... you may have to just sail through the storm...

Last edited:
Reactions: wvanderlinden

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB

i was thinking to withdraw my application when my BGC was taking forever,,,, but i dont think it will help... you already in the middle of the process just keep waiting ....
btw, if you withdraw and re submit could be the same thing.. and your BGC will start over and processing time wont be any different...
i thought my security check would take like around 2years but its just done when i was less expected so you will never know what will happen...

vokec45101

Dec 21, 2022
My background verification (the security clearance part) is taking forever compared to other applicants with similar backgrounds despite my application is very straightforward (I had 2 jobs and travelled 1 time "3 weeks vacation" in the past 8 years). Would be a problem/conflict if I submit a paper application while my online application still "in process"? I'm just wondering if a different officer/office will be processing my paper application.
That is what I was thinking as well. I am 5 months in and have not even received an AOR. IRCC on the phone call told me that they have not received my application.
I am leaning toward just considering my old application a gonner and reapply again in paper instead.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
nothing help just wait and follow intersection by ircc .

wvanderlinden

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Oh God, I just checked my application that I submitted online (I have a copy of it downloaded on my laptop) this morning and I noticed that I understood question #13 wrong and I didn't mentioned the countries that I visit (like Schengen visa/student visa, I only mentioned the country of citizenship! and THIS explain why I'm stuck with Security Clearances.

The question is: **Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?**

Is there anything I can do to solve it. Do I have to submit IRCC form with explanation letter or call IRCC directly.

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
Oh God, I just checked my application that I submitted online (I have a copy of it downloaded on my laptop) this morning and I noticed that I understood question #13 wrong and I didn't mentioned the countries that I visit (like Schengen visa/student visa, I only mentioned the country of citizenship! and THIS explain why I'm stuck with Security Clearances.

The question is: **Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?**

Is there anything I can do to solve it. Do I have to submit IRCC form with explanation letter or call IRCC directly.
for this question i answered NO, but i did have south korea visa, thailand visa, japan visa, maliasia/singapore visa too ...