+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I submit a new profile after sending a webform to withdraw my application or I have to wait till it's officially withdrawn ?

Halim92

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Dears,

My AOR is May 2019. The last update on my application was last Nov when I passed Eligibility and Criminality, and ADR was requested to initiate security. Nevertheless, my security has never been initiated and there is no single update on my Application since last Nov. I can see some applicants are still waiting from 2017 & 2018 without any valid reason. I can understand that I might be under SS but my security has not been initiated/Not Started.

My current CRS score is 478, and based on the last draw, I might be lucky enough to receive another invitation. I'm considering to withdraw my application but I came to know it might take 2-3 weeks to hear back from them. So meanwhile can I submit another profile or it is not acceptable ?

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
Hi, why are thinking of withdrawing your application? If your application has no misrepresentation withdrawing it and then submitting a new application will not speed up the process. IRCC is very slow during the pandemic and so the application will take time.

Also have you ordered GCMS notes or security info for your application. If not please do not withdraw your application. If you respond back we can discuss the options iA.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
As has been suggested, I think you should just wait. I mean, you have waited this long, you might as well wait a little while. And yes, order for your GCMS notes (if you haven't already) and see the status of your application.

What ADR was requested to initiate your security?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Dears,

My AOR is May 2019. The last update on my application was last Nov when I passed Eligibility and Criminality, and ADR was requested to initiate security. Nevertheless, my security has never been initiated and there is no single update on my Application since last Nov. I can see some applicants are still waiting from 2017 & 2018 without any valid reason. I can understand that I might be under SS but my security has not been initiated/Not Started.

My current CRS score is 478, and based on the last draw, I might be lucky enough to receive another invitation. I'm considering to withdraw my application but I came to know it might take 2-3 weeks to hear back from them. So meanwhile can I submit another profile or it is not acceptable ?
It doesn't make sense for you to withdraw your application just for the reason that you are in SS.

Did you do something else on your profile that you feel you shouldn't have?

If your file is in security screening now, it is almost certain that it will be in SS even when you re-apply. So, just let it be and let the decision of your file come. If it is in SS then waiting for 22 months is very normal. With the pandemic the wait might be more. But unless there has been misrepresentation on your part, you shouldn't withdraw.

Halim92

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks all for your replies.

My security has not been initiated yet. I'm not in SS. In simple terms, my file has not been touched since more +7 months.

akansha.1111

Nov 16, 2019
It doesn't make sense for you to withdraw your application just for the reason that you are in SS.

Did you do something else on your profile that you feel you shouldn't have?

If your file is in security screening now, it is almost certain that it will be in SS even when you re-apply. So, just let it be and let the decision of your file come. If it is in SS then waiting for 22 months is very normal. With the pandemic the wait might be more. But unless there has been misrepresentation on your part, you shouldn't withdraw.
Hi,
Does IRCC stores the information of all withdrawn profiles ? Can you change the information on the new profile you create ?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi,
Does IRCC stores the information of all withdrawn profiles ? Can you change the information on the new profile you create ?
I am not sure but I think the probably store the profile data for at least some amount of time.

They do ask if you've ever applied for PR before so I am guessing they might be able to access earlier records.