+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i submit a new passport for the super visa stamp?

superhanuman

Jun 19, 2015
Hello there,

Quick question to all of you who think they know the answer ...

My mom is visiting us and I have applied for a super visa for her ... so right now we've been asked to submit her passport to receive the visa stamp (on july 29th)

Her current passport is expiring in feb 2016 ... The letter from the Canadian consulate states that the visa will expire at the same time as her passport. So basically feb 2016 meaning it's totally useless t ask for a supervisa for her ... as it has the same benefit as a single visitor visa

Do you think we can submit a new passport (10 years) in lieu of her old one to receive the visa?

I have send out a message to the consulate but haven't received an answer yet. As the time is running out (we have until aug 28 to submit the passport otherwise the visa will be cancelled)

Any thoughts on this?

SH

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
superhanuman said:
Hello there,

Quick question to all of you who think they know the answer ...

My mom is visiting us and I have applied for a super visa for her ... so right now we've been asked to submit her passport to receive the visa stamp (on july 29th)

Her current passport is expiring in feb 2016 ... The letter from the Canadian consulate states that the visa will expire at the same time as her passport. So basically feb 2016 meaning it's totally useless t ask for a supervisa for her ... as it has the same benefit as a single visitor visa

Do you think we can submit a new passport (10 years) in lieu of her old one to receive the visa?

I have send out a message to the consulate but haven't received an answer yet. As the time is running out (we have until aug 28 to submit the passport otherwise the visa will be cancelled)

Any thoughts on this?

SH
"visa will expire at the same time as her passport" it says that in the letter? Usually the expiry date is based on the passport submitted with the application, not the passport that is sent for stamping.

Can you please paste the text sent in the letter?

superhanuman

Jun 19, 2015
Here it is:

Dear XXXX

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport.

To find out where to send your passport, visit our website:

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
superhanuman said:
Here it is:

Dear XXXX

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport.

To find out where to send your passport, visit our website:

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
The letter states that the visa won't be issued past the expiry date of the passport. This doesn't imply in any sense that the Visa will be valid up to the date of the passport.

Going back, I wouldn't recommend that you send a different passport that the one used for the application. If you do, don't expect a visa is issued beyond the expiry date of the passport used in the application.

superhanuman

Jun 19, 2015
So i got an answer from the Embassy and they say I can submit a new passport and the Visa will be affixed on the new passport with the Visa having the same validity as the passport!

Thanks everyone for your contribution!

SH