+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I still do soft landing to activate my PR?

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Will it be ok if I arrive and leave Canada the same day?
Thanks in advance.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Will it be ok if I arrive and leave Canada the same day?
Thanks in advance.
To keep your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days don't need to be continuous. Some of your time abroad may count towards the 730 days

Reactions: MapleVivi

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Not sure why you would do that but I guess it is possible. However, the immigration officer will ask you all the questions as if you were moving to stay like residential address and funding. You have to have these info ready or they may revoke your PR at the border if you can't prove you will be moving to Canada.

Reactions: MapleVivi

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Not sure why you would do that but I guess it is possible. However, the immigration officer will ask you all the questions as if you were moving to stay like residential address and funding. You have to have these info ready or they may revoke your PR at the border if you can't prove you will be moving to Canada.
Ah thanks for the heads up. I just need to do that because I have gotten a job somewhere else.

I wonder though.... what if you want to find your accommodation AFTER you have landed because you want to actually see the property before you sign anything? So do landing PR holders HAVE to have already signed an accommodation contract before we even reach Canada?

Rejoice2u

Jun 22, 2019
Hi friends,
I received copr in Jan 2023,
I was planning to do soft landing in May 2023, but now circumstances have changed as we are pregnant and expecting our child in Dec 2023 and my COPR expires in Nov 2023.

As I have already booked flight tickets for May 2023, so what are my options, should I do soft landing in May 2023 and Hard landing in Oct 2023 so to delivery baby in Canada or directly Hard landing in Oct 2023 and forgo the MAY ticket. (non-refundable ticket price 4.5lk) (as I have some obligations and can’t do hard landing before Oct 2023)

Also do we get PR card within 1 month after soft landing?

Please provide your suggestions