+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I still apply for working permit eventhough I am pregnant?

digenbas914

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
I am in the Philippines and I am 2 months pregnant when I recieved my LMO and contract from Canada. The LMO is valid until December 2013. I am planning to pass my application on October. By that time, I will be 3 months pregnant. What if I will be given a notification for medical exam by that time I am still pregnant? Will my application be denied automatically because of my pregnancy or will I still proceed to medical and admit that I was pregnant? Is there any grace period or specific time of validity when to have a medical after recieving the notification? Until now my employer doesn't know about my situation. Do I need to tell my employer about my pregnancy before I apply for working permit?
I need your advice please!

digenbas914

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
I am in the Philippines and I am 2 months pregnant when I recieved my LMO and contract from Canada. The LMO is valid until December 2013. I am planning to pass my application on October. By that time, I will be 3 months pregnant. What if I will be given a notification for medical exam by that time I am still pregnant? Will my application be denied automatically because of my pregnancy or will I still proceed to medical and admit that I was pregnant? Is there any grace period or specific time of validity when to have a medical after recieving the notification? Until now my employer doesn't know about my situation. Do I need to tell my employer about my pregnancy before I apply for working permit?
[/quote]

notsniw817

Jun 25, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-06-2013
File Transfer...
07-07-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Tomorrow
Passport Req..
Tomorrow
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
digenbas914 said:

Hi!If you're applying under Live-in Caregiver your still good to apply because the processing takes 12-18 Mos.By the time you recieved your Speak Test or Medical Request you already gave birth..On my experienced I got pregnant after 9mos of submitting my application,Im 4mos.pregnant when I did my Speak test and Medical.

digenbas914

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
I am not applying for Live-in Caregiver. I applied as a Cashier. How long does it takes for working permit processing?

bambina8681

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
AOR Received.
13/08/2013
Med's Request
13/08/2013
Med's Done....
28/08/2013
VISA ISSUED...
22/01/2014
LANDED..........
26/02/2014
digenbas914 said:
I am not applying for Live-in Caregiver. I applied as a Cashier. How long does it takes for working permit processing?

On the website, it says 5months processing but due of the ongoing strike now it takes 8-9 months. After submitting ur papers onthe embassy, you have to wait 70-80 days for your medical request, this includes, x-ray,physical exam, visual test,blood and urine test. You have to inform your sponsor about your pregnancy, ask them if they are still willling to hire you even if you are pregnant, some are willing to wait, otherwise if not, they will drop your employment and find replacement then. GOodluck!

bambina8681

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
AOR Received.
13/08/2013
Med's Request
13/08/2013
Med's Done....
28/08/2013
VISA ISSUED...
22/01/2014
LANDED..........
26/02/2014
digenbas914 said:

By the way, if you are planning to sub,it ur application by october, by dec ull get ur medical request, you are 5months pregnant by that time i guess. In the medical request, you have to go for medical 15 days after receiving the mail. The best thing to do is to inform your employer, she can give you the best answer on what you have to do.

digenbas914

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
If it takes 8-9 months for processing of working permit maybe I am so lucky because my due date of my delivery is April. My problem is in my medical because I cannot go through an x-ray because of my pregnancy.

notsniw817

Jun 25, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-06-2013
File Transfer...
07-07-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Tomorrow
Passport Req..
Tomorrow
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
Yes you can go through X-ray Just Pray and Think Positive..I went through X-Ray when Im 4-5mos pregnant just let them know..

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Hi,
I am to get my workpermit in few weeks , I have job offer and LMO positive.
My wife had applied for open work permit with me and we both will get visa together,

Now she is pregnant for 3 months ,
will they allow us to enter in canada? with my wife having open work permit ?

Please help me..

thanks a lot,