+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I sponsor my wife and children separately?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Hi everyone,

I wanted to know if I can sponsor my spouse and the kids separately?

Me and my wife have a child together. My wife also has a son from previous marriage. She has a very hard time obtaining consent from her ex husband to allow their son get PR in Canada.

If I sponsor my wife and she becomes a principal applicant then she will have to include both kids. If her ex doesn't give consent, then her son becomes inadmissible, which leads to everyone in the application being inadmissible.

I was wondering if it's possible for me to sponsor my wife and our common son and submit a separate application for her son? He is considered my step son, which makes him my dependent child in the view of the Canadian system.

If I sponsor my wife and son individually and my step son individually, then if my step son doesn't obtain consent from his father, at least my wife and my son will get PR.

Is it possible or I have to sponsor everyone together?

There is an option to sponsor my wife, make her son unaccompanying and after everyone gets PR, try to sponsor him but it will take years, plus I want to bring my family here first and sponsor them from inside Canada.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Make your step son non-accompanying. Your wife and your child together will be processed in about a year. It will only take years if there is a complication.