+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I sponsor my spouse if I am not having a job?

jigral

Star Member
Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFLAO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 2010
Doc's Request.
june 2010
Med's Request
Feb 7 2012
Med's Done....
march 6 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
8 may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10 may 2012
LANDED..........
june 30 2012
hi,

Everybody I just became a permanent resident under FSW and not working yet. I recently got married after I became PR and trying to sponsor my wife but I not working currently is it okay to sponsor my wife?

please need your valuable advise.
thanks

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
jigral said:
hi,

Everybody I just became a permanent resident under FSW and not working yet. I recently got married after I became PR and trying to sponsor my wife but I not working currently is it okay to sponsor my wife?

please need your valuable advise.
thanks
You can but you will have to explain how you plan on supporting her

jigral

Star Member
Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFLAO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 2010
Doc's Request.
june 2010
Med's Request
Feb 7 2012
Med's Done....
march 6 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
8 may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10 may 2012
LANDED..........
june 30 2012
frenchie57 said:
You can but you will have to explain how you plan on supporting her
thankyou for your valuable reply.

Please guide me if you can, on how to explain CIC to support my wife.

and what other elements I can use to convince to support them.

thanks

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You can discuss your plans for your life with your wife together in Canada. You can discuss where you will live and how you will support yourselves. You don't have a job yet, but presumably will get one soon, so you can say what jobs you and your wife want, what qualifications you have for them, and any proof you have that you are looking for such a job. You can also discuss where you will live: for example, if family members have offered you a place to stay rent-free until you get settled, mention this, and attach an affidavit from the relative explaining they will support you at first.

jigral

Star Member
Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFLAO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 2010
Doc's Request.
june 2010
Med's Request
Feb 7 2012
Med's Done....
march 6 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
8 may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10 may 2012
LANDED..........
june 30 2012
canadianwoman said:
You can discuss your plans for your life with your wife together in Canada. You can discuss where you will live and how you will support yourselves. You don't have a job yet, but presumably will get one soon, so you can say what jobs you and your wife want, what qualifications you have for them, and any proof you have that you are looking for such a job. You can also discuss where you will live: for example, if family members have offered you a place to stay rent-free until you get settled, mention this, and attach an affidavit from the relative explaining they will support you at first.
Great!!

Thanks a lot for you advice.

lukektm

Nov 13, 2012
hello everybody. i am Mr.Luke from India. I got the PR visa for my family. ( wife & 2 children). the visa will expire on december 10, 2012 . i am planning to travel to canada alone now on december 2, 2012. i want to know if i can take my family ( wife and 2 children) after 2 years when i settle in canada. can i sponsor them later again.
can someone please help me with the query.

also is there a possibility of extending the validity of my and my family members PR visa by a time period of one more year. i am ready to do the medical check up once more.

and how many days stay is required to complete the necessary formalities like applying for SIN, bank account , health insurance , child benefit etc.

with warm regards,
luke

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
lukektm said:
hello everybody. i am Mr.Luke from India. I got the PR visa for my family. ( wife & 2 children). the visa will expire on december 10, 2012 . i am planning to travel to canada alone now on december 2, 2012. i want to know if i can take my family ( wife and 2 children) after 2 years when i settle in canada. can i sponsor them later again.
can someone please help me with the query.

also is there a possibility of extending the validity of my and my family members PR visa by a time period of one more year. i am ready to do the medical check up once more.

and how many days stay is required to complete the necessary formalities like applying for SIN, bank account , health insurance , child benefit etc.

with warm regards,
luke
THe PR validity can not be extended. So if you and your family don't land before the date stated, then you will have to do the whole process again. You can choose to land, and go back to India, but if your family is not with you, then they will loose the PR - there is no way to extend it.
You will have to sponsor them again from start, and it might be hard to convince CIC that this time you will settle in Canada.

The best would be to land before the date, all of you together, and then go back to India if you wish. As long as your family stays in Canada 2 out of 5 years, they will maintain their PR... so an option for you would be to travel all together, land, go back to India. They stay in India, you come back to Canada and establish yourself, and they join you a little later (just make sure that they are present 2 out of 5 years).

Sin can be done the same day, bank account it depends but pretty much the same day.... health insurance and children benefits, I am not sure as it depends on your province.

Good luck,
Sweden

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lukektm said:
hello everybody. i am Mr.Luke from India.
Hello Mr. Luke from India.
I'm Mr. Tuyen from Canada.
It appears Mr. Leon (from location unknown) has already answered this question when you posted it 10 days ago:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html;msg1878189#msg1878189

The strange thing is that 10 days ago, you said you had 3 children.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chipits said:
He also changed the date of when the visas expire!
I know...but I was willing to give him a pass on that because December and January are so close, and I figured he meant "visa expires in December 2012" which can be the same thing as "by January 2013 it's no good anymore".

Greatness

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3,2013
Doc's Request.
January 31 2013 RCMP requested
AOR Received.
24/4/13
Med's Done....
February 4,2013
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Hoping this yr
I know that if ur a citizen u don't have to

esr

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-August-2013
Nomination.....
11-September-2013
AOR Received.
30-August-2013
File Transfer...
11-September-2013
Med's Done....
02-July-2013
Passport Req..
06-May -2014 Passport received CEM by Beronia May 08, 2014
LANDED..........
Soon... "To God be the Glory"
Jigral did u applied your wife what happpen to your application? share yours thanks