+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i sponsor my husband while living together outside of canada.

Fitore

Dec 12, 2013
Thanks for your reply..

I have almost compleated all the documents, but thanks for reminding me to add an explanation letter of our situation here in my country..

Hoping for best results..

Inshallah :)

Shian moore

Sep 23, 2016
My husband lives in Canada but I plan on visiting him. Can I stay while he files for me? We haven't started the process yet.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, you can visit him while the application is being processed. If he applies to sponsor you inland, you have to be in Canada; if he applies to sponsor you outland, you can be in Canada as a visitor, or outside of Canada.

Shanasa

Mar 30, 2017
canadianwoman said:
A Canadian citizen can sponsor a spouse or partner while living abroad, so you can sponsor your husband while living in Kosovo.
But you will have to prove that you will go to Canada to live once he gets the PR visa.
As well, you do not need an income to sponsor a spouse, but you do need to show the visa officer that the two of you will be able to support yourselves in Canada. So think of how you two would live once in Canada. Do you have relatives in Canada who could let you live with them while you look for jobs? Or would help support you in some other way? If you do, get these relatives to write an affidavit or letter stating they will help you, and include it in your application.
Please direct me to some case law or ENF's to study for situations as how the courts /visa officer see your PR application, if for instance
you are unable to settle in Canada after the issuance of PR. Are there any clear guidelines?