+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i sponsor my husband but I dont have a job!

Yani26

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila,Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
Med's Done....
March 13, 2014
poppyweise said:
There is no minimum income required to sponsor your spouse only.
Oh i forgot to say that im a Permanent Resident only..I read that its possible if the sponsor is Candian Citizen already?is that true?

Yani26

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila,Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
Med's Done....
March 13, 2014
scylla said:
Many people here from many different backgrounds / cultures have successfully sponsored their spouses while making no income. As long as you are not on social assistance and not bankrupt, sponsors with no income are typically accepted.

Having no income should not stop a person from sponsoring their spouse (again - provided they are not on social assistance or bankrupt). You may feel the process should work differently - but it doesn't.

Oh i forgot to say that im a Permanent Resident only..I read that its possible if the sponsor is Candian Citizen already?is that true?

Yani26

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila,Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
Med's Done....
March 13, 2014
kmishal said:
We have a same situation. My wife, who lives with me outside Canada, sponsored me. She does not have a job. We have a toddler, Canadian national so she only sponsored me. We submit our application this January. What we did was, an affidavit from in Law, that they will support me until I got settled.

Finger crossed.

Regards

your wife is a canadian citizen?

Maddysam85

May 10, 2017
Dear All

Is it the same still. My wife is a Canadian citizen and we got married in march. She presently doesn't have a job but not been working for several years due to her education in Law. She's back in Canada and will complete her education end of this year.

I live in a different country where I can't even send money to her due my country central bank regulations.

Does this mean we can't start the process? How do we go about it? Need your expertise. Thank you

Maddy

Reactions: carolbb23

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
I did contract work where I work 2 times a week or even once a week and sponsored my husband inland spousal sponsorship started in December 2015 he also worked. in March 10 2017 I got sponsorship approval and om aprIL 28 2017 he did his landing interview took us 17 months I was not on welfare no owing to cra good standing no records

Ravreet

Jul 20, 2017
My husband sponsored me, everything was done like interview,dna with our daughter, medical but now they ask for bank /credit statements ,lease or tenancy agreement and passport copy of every page but my husband have no bank since 3 years and he owe tax, as well. Please guide me.

sahiljain22

Sep 10, 2016
I just finished the inland sponsorship for my spouse (I'm a PR). I started the process without a job in hand and no Canadian income for last 1-2 years since I was out of Canada for that time. My GCMS notes clearly say no minimum income is needed for spouse.

I can tell you no one will ask anything for the inland sponsorship of just spouse. Now if kids are involved, I can't say.