+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I sponsor another spouse before 3 years??

Pehsawarlove

Oct 6, 2021
Hello, I really need to get clear information because I was told the two different things.

I’m a Canadian and I sponsored my ex-husband for permanent residence, and he was granted it a year ago. We got divorced and I got married again. I want to sponsor my new spouse. Before I was told that it’s possible but after reading deeply I’m confused, it seems like I have to wait three years.

do I have to wait three years?

and do I still have to wait three years if the ex husband has renounced his permanent residence? After we got divorced he decided to renounce his permanent residence, and he has received confirmation that it’s been renounced

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello, I really need to get clear information because I was told the two different things.

I’m a Canadian and I sponsored my ex-husband for permanent residence, and he was granted it a year ago. We got divorced and I got married again. I want to sponsor my new spouse. Before I was told that it’s possible but after reading deeply I’m confused, it seems like I have to wait three years.

do I have to wait three years?

and do I still have to wait three years if the ex husband has renounced his permanent residence? After we got divorced he decided to renounce his permanent residence, and he has received confirmation that it’s been renounced
1. You have to wait three years from the date your Ex became a PR. His renouncement has no bearing.