+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I sit for IELTS before submitting Application?

milon

Aug 2, 2008
Hello PMM and Other Senior Members,

I want to sit for IELTS before lodging my application.

Will it be valid when CIC will request for documents (IELTS is less than one year old and done before lodging application)

Thanks
MILON

koushik704

May 7, 2008
There is a clearly indication that::

If your application falls under Category 1…

Send the following: 1 • the application forms, (You are in an occupation which corresponds to the list of occupations identified in the Ministerial Instructions) • a photocopy of your passport’s bio-data page, (principal applicant only) • 2 self-addressed mailing labels one in English or French and the second in the official language of your country, and • the payment.

"Do not send other supporting documents. Wait until you receive correspondence from the CIU in Sydney, Nova Scotia Canada"

So, i think u can sit for IELTS after lodging the application.

plank

Feb 21, 2008
you could save time in the process by sending IELTS initially along with application. It determines your exact points in Language section

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

plank said:
you could save time in the process by sending IELTS initially along with application. It determines your exact points in Language section
Read the above posting, THEY DONT WANT IT WITH THE INITIAL APPLICATON>

PMM

milon

Aug 2, 2008
Thank you all.

As the processing time is reducing now(6 to 12 month according to CIC) I think it will be better if I sit for IELTS just before applying to make sure that I am geeting targeted score in english and also reaching qualifying score 67.CIC may require docs whithin 6 to 8 month after application.Than I will submmit my IELTS score as it will aslo be valid till than.

Plz comments.

MILON

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
it's valid for 2 years

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For immigration purposes, if you take it within one year of your application date, it is valid for that application. Even if your application takes 10 years (hopefully not) it would still be valid if it's taken within 1 year of application. That's why if you want to calculate your points correctly, it's better to take it before you apply because you know it will be valid when CIC asks for it, even if that is 2 or 3 years from now. Look at page 9 and 10 in the application guide at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf