+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I settle In Quebec?

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
I have received federal PR, expect to get the PR card next week. My question is - I keep hearing that you can settle anywhere but not in QUebec but then some people say you can settle anywhere you like, which is correct? After getting my PR card can I go to Montreal and settle there? thanks

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Yes, you can settle there.
Thanks a lot. Can you kindly explain why some people were saying you cannot directly go to Quebec? Was that only for landing? So is it that you cannot do lading in Quebec but after you do landing you can settle in Quebec? thanks

AlliBatista

Champion Member
Aug 19, 2016
Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
After PR, you're free to live anywhere in Canada.

Who enjoys Charter rights?
Generally speaking, any person in Canada, whether a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a newcomer, has the rights and freedoms contained in the Charter.

Section 6: Mobility Rights
  1. Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in, and leave, Canada.
  2. Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right:
    • to move to, and take up residence in, any province, and
    • to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.

Reactions: LalluBhaiya

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot. Can you kindly explain why some people were saying you cannot directly go to Quebec? Was that only for landing? So is it that you cannot do lading in Quebec but after you do landing you can settle in Quebec? thanks
You are technically not a PR until you finish the landing proceedings, if the officer realizes that your intention is to settle in Quebec he can still deny you the PR when doing such landing.

Like stated above once you are a PR you are free to reside anywhere.

Reactions: LalluBhaiya

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
You are technically not a PR until you finish the landing proceedings, if the officer realizes that your intention is to settle in Quebec he can still deny you the PR when doing such landing.

Like stated above once you are a PR you are free to reside anywhere.
Thanks a lot. Now it is clear to me. Thanks.

Cbhav1

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Guys! I have done my landing in the ON region. In two weeks I am planning to go to Montreal via road from US to visit some friends and family. Is it ok to cross the border via quebec region? I have given address of my friend who lives in ON region.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys! I have done my landing in the ON region. In two weeks I am planning to go to Montreal via road from US to visit some friends and family. Is it ok to cross the border via quebec region? I have given address of my friend who lives in ON region.
Oui.