+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I send a different passport than I applied for the Canadian visa with?

alyemeni

Jan 13, 2015
I have applied for a Canada Visitor visa and after a long long wait, I have received a letter from Canada requesting I send my passport to the embassy. My passport will expire exactly one year from now
and as I know they will not issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

When I applied I provided my current passport details.

Can I apply for a new passport and send the new passport to the embassy? Or do I have toprovide the same passport that I detailed when I applied for the visa?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
I have applied for a Canada Visitor visa and after a long long wait, I have received a letter from Canada requesting I send my passport to the embassy. My passport will expire exactly one year from now
and as I know they will not issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

When I applied I provided my current passport details.

Can I apply for a new passport and send the new passport to the embassy? Or do I have toprovide the same passport that I detailed when I applied for the visa?
They are requesting for your passport for the reason that they just need to stamp the visa on it. You need to provide your current passport as it is already tagged with your UCI number and it was what you attached and declared when you made the application.

alyemeni

Jan 13, 2015
Some threads here said they renewed their passport and send it the new passport for stamp and they had no problem. Can anyone confirm.

monitunde

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hi, I will advice you send th passport you applied with because is yet to expired so send another passport might look like fraud to them. Plz don't miss the opportunity

alyemeni

Jan 13, 2015
Let say someone has applied before the expiry date of his/her passport before one year and CIC requested his passport after 8 months from applying. I don't think anyone will like the 3 or months visa as he or she will probably stay for 3 or more in Canada.

I still believe CIC is fixable with providing a new passport before stamp. Anyone agrees.