+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I select Two or more certificates with WES evaluation as College-level cert

leo_mcc

Aug 14, 2015
Hi All,

can i claim points for two or more degrees? with below credentials ?

1. Credential

Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential

Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate certificate (one semester)
Any update , what you selected, means 2 or more degrees or just bachelors

CanadaPR_001

Apr 2, 2018
I contacted WES but unfortunately no luck, they simply replied saying that they have found no errors in the report. The I20 from the University clearly states that I was a full-time student for 3 semesters and that I was enrolled in a Post Graduate Professional Certificate course, but those brain-dead morons at WES will simply not acknowledge their mistake.

Not sure what to do now. Claiming "Two or more degrees" with a 1yr Certificate course is tricky enough, I don't see how I can select that when they have evaluated it as a College-level certificate (one Semester). There is no way I am getting an Ontario PNP with a score of 392, let alone an ITA. Just wasted lot of time and money for nothing. :'(
Hi There , congrats on your Nomination from Ontario .
I am sailing on the same boat , i have less score to be nominated . I am planning to pursue some certification course of 16 credits from California .I am afraid if WES will accept it as 1 year certification course .
Can u please guide me if your application went through smooth with WES credentials of having just 1 semester on ur evaluation.
Your help is really appreciated .Thanks much.

CanadaPR_001

Apr 2, 2018
Guys, I am in the same boat, though one of my diploma got a credential of Completion of a college-level certificate (one year). I got my ass saved and can choose Two or more certi diploma degree.

However, I have asked about the query everyone is after to someone and he said that a certificate, diploma and degree needs to be a Complete one, like 1 yr, 2 yr etc. So, credential with Completion of a college-level certificate (one semester) can't be counted. On top of that, when you fill up the EDUCATIONAL part in the express entry form, it says "Complete certificate, diploma, degree".

NOTE:
Moreover, someone in this thread said we can only claim what is written in the Credential summary. This is not true. I called WES and they told me that the highest degree achieved is written in Credential summary section, few applicants got all credentials in the summary .

Following is my WES ECA

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY

Bachelor's degree (three years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential: Diploma of Accounting
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of a college-level certificate (one semester)

2. Credential: Diploma of Management

3. Credential: Diploma of Business
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of a college-level certificate (one year)

4.Credential: Bachelor Degree
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

I hope someone really succeeded with this and will turn everyone's luck.

Cheers
Hi There ,
I am planning to pursue some certification which WEsS would evaluate as 1 year vertification. Can u please provide few details of ur 1 year cetificAte program . Like where did u do it from , credits and hours etc .
Just want to make sure if i invest time and money , i dont want to go waste if WEs evaluates it as 1 semester .
Really appreciate ur help.
Thanks !
D

CanadaPR_001

Apr 2, 2018
1. Credential

2. Credential

Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate certificate (one semester)

can i claim two or more degrees or is it only one degree?
Hi There ,

I am sailing on the same boat . Were you able to select two or more degree or certoficate option even though evaluation said 1 semenster ?

Your help is really appreciated .
Thanks much .

CanadaPR_001

Apr 2, 2018
Hi with the WES evaluation reading completion of a college level certificate (one semester). When I was filling out my EE profile the option to select Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees was not there, instead, the options are (One year program at University, College, trade or technical school or other institute. 2 two year program at a University, College, trade or technical school or other institute. 3 Bachelor's degree or a three-year program at a University, College, trade or technical school or other institute). Then the explanation from EE states that:

One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:

• College Certificate
  • Completion of College-level certificate
  • University Certificate
  • University Diploma
  • One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year certificate
My question is can I select the one-year degree diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Hi There ,

I am sailing on the same boat . Were you able to select two or more degree or certoficate option even though evaluation said 1 semenster ?

Thanks much .

CanadaPR_001

Apr 2, 2018
Guys, I am in the same boat, though one of my diploma got a credential of Completion of a college-level certificate (one year). I got my ass saved and can choose Two or more certi diploma degree.

However, I have asked about the query everyone is after to someone and he said that a certificate, diploma and degree needs to be a Complete one, like 1 yr, 2 yr etc. So, credential with Completion of a college-level certificate (one semester) can't be counted. On top of that, when you fill up the EDUCATIONAL part in the express entry form, it says "Complete certificate, diploma, degree".

NOTE:
Moreover, someone in this thread said we can only claim what is written in the Credential summary. This is not true. I called WES and they told me that the highest degree achieved is written in Credential summary section, few applicants got all credentials in the summary .

Following is my WES ECA

Bachelor's degree (three years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential: Diploma of Accounting

2. Credential: Diploma of Management

3. Credential: Diploma of Business

4.Credential: Bachelor Degree
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

I hope someone really succeeded with this and will turn everyone's luck.

Cheers
Hi There ,

Thanks much .

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
Hi There ,
I am planning to pursue some certification which WEsS would evaluate as 1 year vertification. Can u please provide few details of ur 1 year cetificAte program . Like where did u do it from , credits and hours etc .
Just want to make sure if i invest time and money , i dont want to go waste if WEs evaluates it as 1 semester .
Really appreciate ur help.
Thanks !
D
I was surprised that WES gave me 1yr certification for a 6 month diploma done in australia. However, i did 1yr diploma from TAFE, australia, but they gve it as 1 semester. In terms of diploma, it is hard to say what they ll score you.

Reactions: Mohammadhj88

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
Hi There ,

Thanks much .
I am able to choose two or more degrees as I got a bachelor & 1yr college certificate. You cannot claim it if it is weitten one semester.

Mohammadhj88

Jul 18, 2018
I was surprised that WES gave me 1yr certification for a 6 month diploma done in australia. However, i did 1yr diploma from TAFE, australia, but they gve it as 1 semester. In terms of diploma, it is hard to say what they ll score you.
Could you please provide some details for 6 month diploma done in australia? Was it online

CanadaPR_001

Apr 2, 2018
Thanks for your response ,

One question , Did your certificate specifically say "Graduate Certificate" ?

Shassann1995.18

Star Member
Jul 29, 2018
Hi md_uddin,

I hope all is well at your end. I am in a state of confusion and would like you to please suggest me if your educational credential evaluated by WES was accepted as "Two or more post-secondary program credentials, at least one of which lasting 3+ years".

My wife recently received her ECA similar as yours:

Completion of a college-level certificate (one year) and bachelor's degree (four years)

Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Certificate in Business Accounting
Year: 2016
Awarded By: Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
Major/Specialization: Business Accounting

Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2014
Awarded By: Southampton Solent University
Major/Specialization: Business Information Systems

Just that it is a college level certificate is causing confusion if i should select 2 or more certificate/diploma/degree option or just the bachelors. Will be looking forward to your suggestion. Thanks
hello could you please tell what crs points did your wife got for CIMA CERT? i need help with this as i am facing the same problem. also from which institution did u get her equivalency? IQAS/WES/ICAS or which other institution? thank you in advance really need your help

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Most Certificate/Diploma courses are 6-9 months so not really sure how WES evaluates some as one semester and some as one year. Really confusing!!

mrbadami87

Mar 27, 2018
You dont have to choose 2 or more degree. While creating the profile, you ll choose the respective awarded canadian credentials. The system will calculate it as 2 or more degrees at the end.
Hello
I have similar qualifications
My BSc Hons is from UK university studying fulltime there and based on that I have received exemptions for CIMA cert in BA, i will.only need to give 1 exam to earn the cert in BA will eca evaluate as one year college same as yours or it will.not due to exemptions. And the transcripts mentions that you have completed by passing marks or just indicates as passed..

If you can help me i would like to pls.email me.on mrbadami87@gmail.com