JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Markicof said:
No luck with CIC, they 'could not advise on express entry...'

Extremely useful.

They seem so afraid of commenting on individual cases so they just emailed a useless link.

Save yourself the expense of the phone call.

Sorry, I've got no better news!
That makes two of us, when I asked about my case the phone call said to send a Case Specific Enquiry. When I sent a CSE they simply replied by sending me the link to the ECA conversion table.

Markicof

Star Member
Dec 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
07/07/16
@JoacRy exactly the same.

A real shame, this topic comes up over and over on this forum and it would have been nice to have a definitive answer.

As far as I am concerned, it is black and white on the conversion page, therefore that's what I'm going with.

If we're lucky enough to get an ITA and then a PPR I will update this thread. Until then, good luck everyone!

warquezho

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do not waste time calling CIC, done that in the past and they will just give you links and probably answers that are in the HELP page. Better look at there as I found the answer to my question as well. The answer is also there when you fill up the form of EE, it tells you what to choose.

Another useful thread, I believe:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/two-and-more-degrees-eca-evaluation-t392719.0.html;msg4892997#msg4892997

TimeLord18

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I contacted WES but unfortunately no luck, they simply replied saying that they have found no errors in the report. The I20 from the University clearly states that I was a full-time student for 3 semesters and that I was enrolled in a Post Graduate Professional Certificate course, but those brain-dead morons at WES will simply not acknowledge their mistake.

Not sure what to do now. Claiming "Two or more degrees" with a 1yr Certificate course is tricky enough, I don't see how I can select that when they have evaluated it as a College-level certificate (one Semester). There is no way I am getting an Ontario PNP with a score of 392, let alone an ITA. Just wasted lot of time and money for nothing. :'(

Reactions: Canadian1867

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
TimeLord18 said:
I contacted WES but unfortunately no luck, they simply replied saying that they have found no errors in the report. The I20 from the University clearly states that I was a full-time student for 3 semesters and that I was enrolled in a Post Graduate Professional Certificate course, but those brain-dead morons at WES will simply not acknowledge their mistake.

Not sure what to do now. Claiming "Two or more degrees" with a 1yr Certificate course is tricky enough, I don't see how I can select that when they have evaluated it as a College-level certificate (one Semester). There is no way I am getting an Ontario PNP with a score of 392, let alone an ITA. Just wasted lot of time and money for nothing. :'(
Well, you could bring your score up by scoring a CLB-9 in IELTS (if you don't have CLB-9 yet).

TimeLord18

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have already obtained maximum points for IELTS and Work Experience, unfortunately losing points for age. I just spent around 30k (Tuition+Living Expenses) on the certificate course, so I can't afford to pursue a Master's degree now. Maybe I should try to learn French and get few extra points that way. :-\

warquezho

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TimeLord18 said:

Honestly buddy, this is hard since it statest that STUDY TOWARDS POST GRADUATE. But do not loose hope as there is an option in the ECA website of mycic that you can choose Two degrees if you have a study towards Masters. I know that the wording is not exactly at it is, I don't want to interpret it as technical as it should as sometimes there are things that is beyond what is posted in their help section that we tend to miss.

But it will be up to you if you will make it as a guide. If I were at your shoes and I don't have any more option, I would take the risk (knowing that there is a little hope) then fail, than not taking the risk and still fail. :)

TimeLord18

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. I went ahead and selected the "Two or more degrees" option, and input the Certificate course information. However I am confused about whether I now have to change the previous option I entered for my Bachelor's degree. I have been looking through the posts and am unable to find a clear answer.

Here is what I have entered in EE profile.

For Bachelor's degree:

Level of Education: Bachelor's degree
Canadian Equivalent(ECA) : Bachelor's degree

For Certificate course:

Level of Education: Two or more degrees or certificates
Canadian Equivalent(ECA): Two or more degrees or certificates

Is this correct? It has been more than 24hrs and my score hasn't changed. Am I supposed to select "Two or more degrees or certificates" for all 4 drop down options?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TimeLord18 said:
Thank you. I went ahead and selected the "Two or more degrees" option, and input the Certificate course information. However I am confused about whether I now have to change the previous option I entered for my Bachelor's degree. I have been looking through the posts and am unable to find a clear answer.

Here is what I have entered in EE profile.

For Bachelor's degree:

Level of Education: Bachelor's degree
Canadian Equivalent(ECA) : Bachelor's degree

For Certificate course:

Level of Education: Two or more degrees or certificates
Canadian Equivalent(ECA): Two or more degrees or certificates

Is this correct? It has been more than 24hrs and my score hasn't changed. Am I supposed to select "Two or more degrees or certificates" for all 4 drop down options?
You have done the correct thing. Only select '2 or more degrees, diplomas...' for the Certificate course. Also check you entered the correct ECA number.

TimeLord18

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. My score got updated just now. It shows that I now have 425 points. :) Let's see if I get the PNP from Ontario. I will keep updating on what happens.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TimeLord18 said:
Thanks. My score got updated just now. It shows that I now have 425 points. :) Let's see if I get the PNP from Ontario. I will keep updating on what happens.
Good luck to you
keep us updated about your EE / OINP status..

mgraf

May 13, 2015
TimeLord18 said:

I think you can choose two or more degrees. I know a guy in this forum who was facing the same problem, and he got a PPR last year. In his case he had a WES evaluation as follow: Completion of an undergraduate certificate-level.
He told me the requirement is that only one has to be for more than 3 years and the other should be a post secondary one.

But please keep us update!! you will probably get a ITA very soon :)

TimeLord18

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know the average time that it takes to get an invitation from Ontario after getting more than 400 points. I haven't received anything yet, and am wondering whether I should recreate my profile. I remember reading that there was some issue earlier and applicants were advised to recreate their profile.

Should I wait a month or so before trying to recreate the profile?

TimeLord18

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I finally received the Letter of interest from Ontario today. :)

Have been going through the Application guide and the only issue I see is the Birth Certificate. I do not have a Birth Certificate, and I used my Matriculation certificate as proof to obtain my passport. Will it be enough if I submit a copy of my Matriculation certificate along with a letter explaining that I do not have a Birth Certificate? I am currently residing in the USA, so getting an official letter from back home is going to be hard.

Reactions: Canadian1867