File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply. I was aware of that option. And is it posible too if i travelled as a tourist and apeal while im in Canada?
No - not possible.

To travel as a tourist you need a TRV. You can only get a TRV if you renounce your PR status first. Once you renounce your PR status, it is gone and you cannot appeal.

ReyLiz

Jan 4, 2024
Hi! May I ask for advice, please :)
My wife's PR status was revoked years ago because she overstayed out of Canada. During her stay as a PR, she bore our two sons.

Now, we are in Canada on TRV status, trying to be reunited with our children.
Is there a way we can re-appeal my wife's PR status?
Or are there any other ways or programs that may allow us to become PRs here in Canada?

Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My wife's PR status was revoked years ago because she overstayed out of Canada. During her stay as a PR, she bore our two sons.

Or are there any other ways or programs that may allow us to become PRs here in Canada?

Thank you.
If it was revoked then no it cannot be appealed. She lost PR status years ago. How old are children? Are you PR? If not, look at economic immigration programs like Express Entry. Or get a job offer with approved LMIA proving no Canadian or PR can do the job, and apply for a closed work permit. This doesn’t guarantee PR though.

ReyLiz

Jan 4, 2024
If it was revoked then no it cannot be appealed. She lost PR status years ago. How old are children? Are you PR? If not, look at economic immigration programs like Express Entry. Or get a job offer with approved LMIA proving no Canadian or PR can do the job, and apply for a closed work permit. This doesn’t guarantee PR though.
My children are 20 and 26 years old. I'm not a PR. I'm on TRV status.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Thank you.
No way to appeal. Her PR status is long gone.

If your children are citizens or PRs, then can try to sponsor you through the PGP program if and when that reopens and assuming they meet the income requirements and are selected.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My children are 20 and 26 years old. I'm not a PR. I'm on TRV status.
So options are:
1. Immigrate through Express Entry or PNP programs based on your education, age, language, skills and funds. If children are over 20, you most likely are over 40 so may not be eligible.
2. Selected through the Parent lottery but one child has to meet income requirements for at least 3 years. The program has not been open to new profiles since 2020, and there are over 100k in the pool for 15k spots per year. If it does open again later this year, you enter a pool (if eligible) and your name has to be picked out of hundreds of thousands of others. Many wait years to be selected. Assume 26 year old may only be eligible if he has been working in Canada for 3 years, and makes LICO.
3. Get a job offer with LMIA proving no Canadian or PR can do the job, only you have the experience and education. Then apply for a closed work permit. This is not PR.

If you want to visit longer term then consider supervisas. Again one of your kids must meet LICO, pass medical and buy one year of health insurance. This allows you to visit, not work or access any government programs. You are then reunited with your children as visitors.

Last edited:
Reactions: canuck78 and scylla

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No way to appeal. Her PR status is long gone.

If your children are citizens or PRs, then can try to sponsor you through the PGP program if and when that reopens and assuming they meet the income requirements and are selected.
If you visit your child need on a supervisa you will be expected to return back to India to apply and it is not allow a permanent move to Canada. How old are you and your spouse and how long are you planning on visiting your children in Canada? Given your wife’s visa history and losing PR (did she have children in Canada and leave? What about your PR status?) and the fact the your 2 children live in Canada there could be concern about you potentially trying to remain in Canada. How long is the duration of your TRV? How long have your children lived in Canada? If you attempt to find employment and secure a WP at your age it will likely be difficult and IRCC will likely have concerns that the only reason you are applying for a WP is to join your sons. With the high cut-off scores for PRs you would struggle to get PR even if you had worked in Canada. You came to visit your children but must have return ticket and a home to return if not jobs? What is your plan? Having some experience with Canadian immigration you were aware that you couldn’t just stay longterm as a visitor. When you left Canada after having children and lost your PR status you also lost the guarantee that you’d be able to live with your children when they were adults. You will have to compete with others trying to PGP.

ReyLiz

Jan 4, 2024
So options are:
1. Immigrate through Express Entry or PNP programs based on your education, age, language, skills and funds. If children are over 20, you most likely are over 40 so may not be eligible.
2. Selected through the Parent lottery but one child has to meet income requirements for at least 3 years. The program has not been open to new profiles since 2020, and there are over 100k in the pool for 15k spots per year. If it does open again later this year, you enter a pool (if eligible) and your name has to be picked out of hundreds of thousands of others. Many wait years to be selected. Assume 26 year old may only be eligible if he has been working in Canada for 3 years, and makes LICO.
3. Get a job offer with LMIA proving no Canadian or PR can do the job, only you have the experience and education. Then apply for a closed work permit. This is not PR.

If you want to visit longer term then consider supervisas. Again one of your kids must meet LICO, pass medical and buy one year of health insurance. This allows you to visit, not work or access any government programs. You are then reunited with your children as visitors.
I read from somewhere that religious workers are exempted from LMIA. I am a religious minister. Would that be also a good path for me?

Also, will the humanitarian and compassionate grounds program be a good option?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I read from somewhere that religious workers are exempted from LMIA. I am a religious minister. Would that be also a good path for me?

Also, will the humanitarian and compassionate grounds program be a good option?
Not all religious workers are LMIA exempt. Do you have a job offer?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/work-without-permit/authorization-work-without-work-permit-clergy.html

H&C is very risky because your children are not minors, and you are a couple who are not alone. You have each other. It takes years to process and you must remain in Canada. If refused and leave, then you will have a high chance of never being approved for a TRV. Get an immigration lawyer for advice.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not all religious workers are LMIA exempt. Do you have a job offer?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/work-without-permit/authorization-work-without-work-permit-clergy.html

H&C is very risky because your children are not minors, and you are a couple who are not alone. You have each other. It takes years to process and you must remain in Canada. If refused and leave, then you will have a high chance of never being approved for a TRV. Get an immigration lawyer for advice.
Did you work as religious worker as your career in India? How old are you? If you are close to retirement age that would be another concerning factor. If not both getting a job offer and getting a permit would be difficult. Given that your two sons may have recently relocated to Canada there would also likely be concerns that you are only attempting to secure employment to remain in Canada. This also wouldn’t guarantee PR. Given you are likely young and so are your children if will be very tough to justify that you have H&C reasons to get PR and that you can not apply for PGP or supervisa like other parents. You can certainly attempt to apply for H&C but if denied it may be very difficult to even visit your children.