+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I return to Canada?

Calilove

Jun 6, 2015
I arrived here on June 07, I applied for an extention of stay for 13 more days last week because my flight back is not until December 2. I would like to return to Canada as soon as I can for 6 months so I can stay with my daughter (a canadian citizen) who is going to school in Canada up to June of 2018.

I was wondering if i can return end of january or february? or Do I have to file an extention of visitor stay from outside canada as soon as i get back to US?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
I arrived here on June 07, I applied for an extention of stay for 13 more days last week because my flight back is not until December 2. I would like to return to Canada as soon as I can for 6 months so I can stay with my daughter (a canadian citizen) who is going to school in Canada up to June of 2018.

I was wondering if i can return end of january or february? or Do I have to file an extention of visitor stay from outside canada as soon as i get back to US?
It is recommended that you spend at least the same amount of time out of Canada that you spent in Canada. So to avoid problems you should wait until June 2018.

You can certainly try but you are acting like you live in Canada, not visiting. Possible scenarios:

- refused entry
- accepted but given a shorter stay (weeks)
- accepted with heavy questioning
- accepted

You cannot file for an extension of visitor stay from outside Canada.

Reactions: Bryanna

Calilove

Jun 6, 2015
It is recommended that you spend at least the same amount of time out of Canada that you spent in Canada. So to avoid problems you should wait until June 2018.

You can certainly try but you are acting like you live in Canada, not visiting. Possible scenarios:

- refused entry
- accepted but given a shorter stay (weeks)
- accepted with heavy questioning
- accepted

You cannot file for an extension of visitor stay from outside Canada.
Thank you for responding to my question.

I called CIC and explained my situation and she gave me the same scenarios that you did.

I will take the risk of going back a month after my departure and will provide evidence that I do not intend on living here, title of my car, proof of residence in us, letter from US immigration that proves I am petitioning my husband to US and that we're only waiting for his interview date. I do not intend to live here but if I don't return then my daughter will have to leave her school and will not see her dad for months. So I'm taking this risk, please wish me luck.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you for responding to my question.

I called CIC and explained my situation and she gave me the same scenarios that you did.

I will take the risk of going back a month after my departure and will provide evidence that I do not intend on living here, title of my car, proof of residence in us, letter from US immigration that proves I am petitioning my husband to US and that we're only waiting for his interview date. I do not intend to live here but if I don't return then my daughter will have to leave her school and will not see her dad for months. So I'm taking this risk, please wish me luck.
Good luck. Also, don't offer any more information than you are asked...keep your answers short, succinct, and truthful. Don't offer any proof unless the CBSA officer asks for it.