+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I replace the ECA report with another one by another organization?

polyglot_wannabe

Jul 17, 2018
I had my educational credentials assessed by an organization (WES), and I'm not quite satisfied with what they assessed.

I'd like to have my credentials re-assessed by another designated organization (by IRCC) and submit that new report if possible. I'd like to use some of them and possibly choose one of the reports that best suits my case?

Is that possible?

Anyone have done that before?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
I had my educational credentials assessed by an organization (WES), and I'm not quite satisfied with what they assessed.

I'd like to have my credentials re-assessed by another designated organization (by IRCC) and submit that new report if possible. I'd like to use some of them and possibly choose one of the reports that best suits my case?

Is that possible?

Possible

polyglot_wannabe

Jul 17, 2018
Thanks! Can you possibly explain in a little more detail as to how it is possible?

What I'm curious specifically is, the WES report has already been sent to IRCC, but I haven't submitted my application and I just created my EE profile. So, where is my report now? I want IRCC to forget about my WES report (hopefully they don't match it with my future application) and just want to get another report.

Sherlok

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Thanks! Can you possibly explain in a little more detail as to how it is possible?

What I'm curious specifically is, the WES report has already been sent to IRCC, but I haven't submitted my application and I just created my EE profile. So, where is my report now? I want IRCC to forget about my WES report (hopefully they don't match it with my future application) and just want to get another report.
I am going to assume you haven't yet received your ITA, which is why you're going for evaluation with another agency. In that case, you're free to use/update the reference number of the new ECA and provide the same with your application post ITA when submitting.

Reactions: polyglot_wannabe

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017

Different agencies will have different reference numbers. IRCC will check only the one you provide in your profile and you can change the reference number before ITA any number of times. Many people already have done multiple ECAs from different agencies and got PR without a problem.

polyglot_wannabe

Jul 17, 2018
Different agencies will have different reference numbers. IRCC will check only the one you provide in your profile and you can change the reference number before ITA any number of times. Many people already have done multiple ECAs from different agencies and got PR without a problem.
I've spent a very long, stressful day today and this just made my day! Thank you so much.

This is what I was looking for. A clear, precise, and expected/desired answer.

Jamess

Mar 29, 2019

Is that possible?

Hi! I faced same problem as you.
So, did you request ECA to different agency from "World Education Services"?

If so, could you tell me which agency did you choose, and how was the result?
Does it really differ from the result from "World Education Services"?

Thank you in advance.

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
I am going to assume you haven't yet received your ITA, which is why you're going for evaluation with another agency. In that case, you're free to use/update the reference number of the new ECA and provide the same with your application post ITA when submitting.
Am I able to do ECA with two different organization for two different qualifications and apply with both ECA reference numbers at the same time?
Will it be acceptable by Canadian Embassy and IRCC for my express entry?

Prashanth1227

Nov 11, 2019
Hello, can I update my education details after I create my express entry profile? For example, WES gave me bachelor's degree in ECA and I applied for ECA with CES and got Masters. Can I update my education to Master's now?

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Thanks @ishq74! I'm going to use your advice and change my EE profile's ECA from the older WES evaluation to the IQAS evaluation. Hopefully the historical record won't be a problem.

Amandeep Kor

Oct 5, 2015
Cambridge
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hello, can I update my education details after I create my express entry profile? For example, WES gave me bachelor's degree in ECA and I applied for ECA with CES and got Masters. Can I update my education to Master's now?
Hi, can you tell me the process of applying with CES?

canasp2021

Mar 20, 2021
Thanks @ishq74! I'm going to use your advice and change my EE profile's ECA from the older WES evaluation to the IQAS evaluation. Hopefully the historical record won't be a problem.
Hi, A follow up query, did this go through smoothly for you after replacing the WES to IQAS in EE Profile. Kindly update the latest status.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi, A follow up query, did this go through smoothly for you after replacing the WES to IQAS in EE Profile. Kindly update the latest status.
@canaspa2021 : I did not do this eventually as I got an OINP invite with my older WES report and so I stuck to it in EE as well. Having said that, as much as I know now, there's no harm in making changes to the EE profile as many times as you like until you get ITA. Good luck!