+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I renew my passport while PR is pending?

Agie971

Aug 26, 2020
PR is estimated to be completed by june, but it could take much longer. I also read some people with AOR December who already got their PR approved and are outland. My passport expires in November 2022. There are other programs I am looking at that would need me to renew my passport. Can I do so even though I am waiting for PR? It can take up to 1 month, what happens if they approve my PR unexpectedly early and I am still waiting for my new passport?

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
PR is estimated to be completed by june, but it could take much longer. I also read some people with AOR December who already got their PR approved and are outland. My passport expires in November 2022. There are other programs I am looking at that would need me to renew my passport. Can I do so even though I am waiting for PR? It can take up to 1 month, what happens if they approve my PR unexpectedly early and I am still waiting for my new passport?
I dont see why not, you would need 6 months of passport validity if your PR is approved. Since PR approvals is going to take a long long time go ahead with plan.