+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I remove my spouse from my apllication?

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi all

I had got mariied recently and informed CIC. They asked to fill up some forms for inclusion of my spouse. I submitted my revised application including my spouse candidature in October.
There is some development and my spouse is no longer interested to accompany me to Canada. Is there any way to remove her from my application?
If yes, could you please guide?

Will it affect my candidature in anyway?

A bit urgent to know this. I would appreciate guidance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

Unless you are separated and getting divorced, your wife can't be removed your app. You can change her to non-accompanying but she must still be fully included.

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

Unless you are separated and getting divorced, your wife can't be removed your app. You can change her to non-accompanying but she must still be fully included.
Thanks for your reply. In my country, we can't get divorce unless we have completed one year of marriage, so technically, we can't get divorce before next year august. And I am expecting to get my PR in next 3-4 months as I submitted the application in October. My doubt is since my spouse has been included in my application, she can create problems if we are called for interview or to get PR in Canada. Therefore, I wanted to check if there is anyway my application is getting affected?
Thanks in advance for your response.

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless you legally separate (divorce), she remains your wife and cannot be removed from your application whether accompanying or non-accompanying.

Don't get me wrong but you are hardly married for 2-3 months - try to adjust, reconcile, forgive/forget, post wedding things take time to settle down - don't act in haste. Make up that's in your best interest.

If she files police complaint against you ("domestic violence", "dowry harrassment", "mental torture") and IRCC gets to know of that - you can kiss good bye to your canadian dreams.