+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I regain entry to Canada as long as I've a valid visa/unexpired study permit

taknev

Dec 9, 2019
So I am planning on visiting India after I graduate in August 2020. My study permit expires in December 2020. Can I still enter Canada with a valid study permit/valid TRV eventhough I've completed my studies?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So I am planning on visiting India after I graduate in August 2020. My study permit expires in December 2020. Can I still enter Canada with a valid study permit/valid TRV eventhough I've completed my studies?
Yes, you can still enter. Are you applying for a PGWP before you leave?

taknev

Dec 9, 2019
Yes, you can still enter. Are you applying for a PGWP before you leave?
Nope. In fact, the main reason for leaving Canada is to apply for a new passport so that I can come back and apply for a PGWP with the new passport.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Nope. In fact, the main reason for leaving Canada is to apply for a new passport s that I can come back and apply for a PGWP with the new passport.
You will not be able to work when you return to Canada until your PGWP is actually approved.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Wow so it looks like a bad idea to go back to India. If I stayed in Canada, can I work until my PGWP gets approved?
It's not a bad idea. You just need to apply for your PGWP before you leave. If you do, you can continue to work upon your return while waiting for the PGWP.

Reactions: taknev

taknev

Dec 9, 2019
It's not a bad idea. You just need to apply for your PGWP before you leave. If you do, you can continue to work upon your return while waiting for the PGWP.
Thanks - is it advisable to apply for PGWP outside of Canada?

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks - is it advisable to apply for PGWP outside of Canada?
There's nothing wrong with applying outside. You just need to be aware of restrictions on working if you return to Canada before you get your PGWP.