+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I receive a student visa with a gap of 3 years after 12th?

Studygapissue

Dec 5, 2020
Hey, I would appreciate your guidance on few doubts I have. I am sharing my educational qualifications, my gap years, etc with you and other activities I have done. Please do let me know if I qualify for Canada.

1.10th- 2010-2011: 84%
2. 12th- 2012-2013: 55%

3. FY,SY, TY (I was studying in XYZ college. I couldn't clear any year. I am sharing the details of these three years)
FY: Couldn't clear so had the next year drop
So two years went in this then got into SY.
SY:Again couldn't clear
So 3 years went here in failures.
Then I changed my stream in got admitted to BMS (marketing).

Cleared TYBMS in 2019: 9.30/10 GPA
M.com part 1: 9.50/10 GPA
Currently in M.com part 2

Other activities: Have done 3 internships.
Completed digital marketing course.
Run my own website (blog)

Studygapissue

Dec 5, 2020
I don't have a full time work experience in those 3 years as I was studying (but couldn't clear). Later my admission is continuous.

Studygapissue

Dec 5, 2020
I think CIC will look at your final degree and work experience.
Could you convince VO you need to study in Canada for your career in home country?
I do have NGO experience of those 3 years. It was volunteer work hence unpaid. Does that count?

Also, I do want to return to my country to have a digital media startup of my own.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Hey, I would appreciate your guidance on few doubts I have. I am sharing my educational qualifications, my gap years, etc with you and other activities I have done. Please do let me know if I qualify for Canada.

1.10th- 2010-2011: 84%
2. 12th- 2012-2013: 55%

3. FY,SY, TY (I was studying in XYZ college. I couldn't clear any year. I am sharing the details of these three years)
FY: Couldn't clear so had the next year drop
So two years went in this then got into SY.
SY:Again couldn't clear
So 3 years went here in failures.
Then I changed my stream in got admitted to BMS (marketing).
Cleared TYBMS in 2019: 9.30/10 GPA
M.com part 1: 9.50/10 GPA
Currently in M.com part 2

Other activities: Have done 3 internships.
Completed digital marketing course.
Run my own website (blog)
Apply with your Bachelors ( addressing the gap ) while studying your Masters ( try to avoid applying with a master degree - it's risky and may hamper your chances) . In case you get refused you can show the Master degree as a justification of gap and apply again.

It's all legal when your not disclosing your Masters since you are actively pursuing it ( don't mention it on the SOP that you are actively pursuing it as well and it's not necessary ) but its misinterpretation if you had finished your Masters and didn't disclose it ( even if you get away with it, you will get caught in the future ).

If you want to apply with Masters, try colleges in Quebec.

I think CIC will look at your final degree and work experience.
Could you convince VO you need to study in Canada for your career in home country?
I am a fan of your posts on these forums for a long time.

Reactions: Maybe Tomorrrow

Vicky4144

Star Member
Dec 31, 2020
Apply with your Bachelors ( addressing the gap ) while studying your Masters ( try to avoid applying with a master degree - it's risky and may hamper your chances) . In case you get refused you can show the Master degree as a justification of gap and apply again.

It's all legal when your not disclosing your Masters since you are actively pursuing it ( don't mention it on the SOP that you are actively pursuing it as well and it's not necessary ) but its misinterpretation if you had finished your Masters and didn't disclose it ( even if you get away with it, you will get caught in the future ).

If you want to apply with Masters, try colleges in Quebec.

I am a fan of your posts on these forums for a long time.
Hi I have a similar situation
10th - 93%
12th - 71% in 2015
After that took care of family business and in 2019 applied for Professional Flight center and got addmission for April 15th 2020 due to lockdown deferred it to April 15th 2021 recently (Feb 26th 2021) my visa got reject on the basis of purpose of visit.
For pilot training the basic requirement is 10+12th with 60%.
Can anyone help me with my application.

Studygapissue

Dec 5, 2020
Hi I have a similar situation
10th - 93%
12th - 71% in 2015
After that took care of family business and in 2019 applied for Professional Flight center and got addmission for April 15th 2020 due to lockdown deferred it to April 15th 2021 recently (Feb 26th 2021) my visa got reject on the basis of purpose of visit.
For pilot training the basic requirement is 10+12th with 60%.
Can anyone help me with my application.
I think you must speak to a consultant.. there's surely a way out...