+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I reapply through sponsorship if found medically inadmissible through EE?

oddball2018

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
I'm 25 y/o male currently in Canada on IEC. I'm hoping to apply for PR on the CEC in express entry. I've got most of my documents ready to put my profile in the pool other than police certificates and a medical exam. I'm currently at 444 points, though I might consider the TEF if I need a boost. I'm kinda hoping the pandemic pushes for more CEC draws where I have a chance.

Anyway, I have a rare, chronic urological condition that's been mostly under control most of my life. At most, it's required a one-day outpatient surgery every 5-10 years and the odd test. However, some medical literature ties it to conditions such as possible cancer later in life, though the link is still very weak.

I've recently had treatment here in Ontario and now self-treatment following doctor's instructions. However I'm worried that the immigration officer might reject me on the basis of putting a strain on the waitlists for treatment. How "strict" is this policy? I'm hoping my young age will help.

As a back up, my boyfriend may sponsor me as a common law partner once we've spent a year living together (next summer). I know my condition wouldn't matter there. However my visa will expire soon after and I ideally don't want to spend a year out of work living with him as a 'visitor', nor do I want to leave Canada. Hence I'm in a rush for PR through EE.

So how should I word this to the doctor during my medical exam? Annoyingly, I could hide the condition as none of the tests would really show anything (some protein in urine, but my kidney serum creatinine levels were healthy this year in my annual check-up). But I feel I ought to say something, especially if they get hold of my OHIP records.

Also, if I am found inadmissible for EE, can I still get sponsorship through my boyfriend? Or does it stop me from PR?

Many thanks!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Only advice would be to never ever hide anything from immigration you will regret it and could end up with a ban for misrepresentation if discovered at any time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm 25 y/o male currently in Canada on IEC. I'm hoping to apply for PR on the CEC in express entry. I've got most of my documents ready to put my profile in the pool other than police certificates and a medical exam. I'm currently at 444 points, though I might consider the TEF if I need a boost. I'm kinda hoping the pandemic pushes for more CEC draws where I have a chance.

Anyway, I have a rare, chronic urological condition that's been mostly under control most of my life. At most, it's required a one-day outpatient surgery every 5-10 years and the odd test. However, some medical literature ties it to conditions such as possible cancer later in life, though the link is still very weak.

I've recently had treatment here in Ontario and now self-treatment following doctor's instructions. However I'm worried that the immigration officer might reject me on the basis of putting a strain on the waitlists for treatment. How "strict" is this policy? I'm hoping my young age will help.

As a back up, my boyfriend may sponsor me as a common law partner once we've spent a year living together (next summer). I know my condition wouldn't matter there. However my visa will expire soon after and I ideally don't want to spend a year out of work living with him as a 'visitor', nor do I want to leave Canada. Hence I'm in a rush for PR through EE.

So how should I word this to the doctor during my medical exam? Annoyingly, I could hide the condition as none of the tests would really show anything (some protein in urine, but my kidney serum creatinine levels were healthy this year in my annual check-up). But I feel I ought to say something, especially if they get hold of my OHIP records.

Also, if I am found inadmissible for EE, can I still get sponsorship through my boyfriend? Or does it stop me from PR?

Many thanks!
Your use of the Canadian medical system will be visible to the immigration agents without giving out private medical insurance so it is impossible to hide your condition. Impossible for us to calculate the potential cost of your care. You would be surprised how many people are approved. I have seen some people who have been approved who will easily go over the 100k.