+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i reapply for PR Through express entry?

zipcode126

Jul 21, 2021
first of all thank you everyone for your help on these forums.

So i landed in Canada with Express entry PR on Feb2017.i got my PR Card within 3 months and due to family circumstances i had to leave Canada and eventually never go back to Canada till today.

My PR Card validity is till Feb 2022.i wont be able to satisfy the requirement of stay in Canada to maintain my PR and eventually Citizenship because i didn't stay in Canada.

Now i am looking into my options and thinking of ways to go back to Canada.

1) Should i reapply through express entry ? my CRS Score comes out to be 480.(my age is 37 years right now and i am single).Do you think CIC will reject me as i didnt migrate earlier?

2) is it safe to land in Canada (before PR Card expiry) with my old PR Card?i am pretty sure it will be difficult for me to prove why i didnt move earlier and eventually my PR will be disqualified and i will have no options

Please help/suggest

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
first of all thank you everyone for your help on these forums.

So i landed in Canada with Express entry PR on Feb2017.i got my PR Card within 3 months and due to family circumstances i had to leave Canada and eventually never go back to Canada till today.

My PR Card validity is till Feb 2022.i wont be able to satisfy the requirement of stay in Canada to maintain my PR and eventually Citizenship because i didn't stay in Canada.

Now i am looking into my options and thinking of ways to go back to Canada.

1) Should i reapply through express entry ? my CRS Score comes out to be 480.(my age is 37 years right now and i am single).Do you think CIC will reject me as i didnt migrate earlier?

2) is it safe to land in Canada (before PR Card expiry) with my old PR Card?i am pretty sure it will be difficult for me to prove why i didnt move earlier and eventually my PR will be disqualified and i will have no options

Please help/suggest
1) If you want to reapply through Express Entry, you need to start by renouncing your PR status. IRCC will not reject your application because you failed to migrate earlier.

2) You'll be allowed into Canada but it's possible you may be reported for failing to meet the residency obligation in which case you'll need to attend a hearing where IRCC will be aiming to revoke your PR status.