+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I reapply for PR after my application has been refused?

Melissa2688

Nov 9, 2019
In 2002 my dad and I got permanent residence for Canada, however I did not stay with him, so I migrated back to my homeland. In 2005 I went back to Canada and stayed 6 months my dad however got sick and requested to go back to our homeland, I took him back in which he Passed away at that time I was 17 years old, due to all the hassle to and from places my passport and PR card got misplaced. At the time I was so traumatized I didn't know what to do. However when I reported this to the Canadian High commission in my country they told me that I can't return to Canada. So I forget about ever returning To Canada. Am now the age of 30, married, 1 child and reside in Trinidad and Tobago...I emailed the Canadian High Commission in Trinidad about my issue this was their reply:

From Canadian Immigration Trinidad and Tobago
"In January 2011 you failed to meet the permanent residence obligation and your application to return to Canada as a Permanent Resident was refused."

Can someone please advise me
Thank you

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
In 2002 my dad and I got permanent residence for Canada, however I did not stay with him, so I migrated back to my homeland. In 2005 I went back to Canada and stayed 6 months my dad however got sick and requested to go back to our homeland, I took him back in which he Passed away at that time I was 17 years old, due to all the hassle to and from places my passport and PR card got misplaced. At the time I was so traumatized I didn't know what to do. However when I reported this to the Canadian High commission in my country they told me that I can't return to Canada. So I forget about ever returning To Canada. Am now the age of 30, married, 1 child and reside in Trinidad and Tobago...I emailed the Canadian High Commission in Trinidad about my issue this was their reply:

From Canadian Immigration Trinidad and Tobago
"In January 2011 you failed to meet the permanent residence obligation and your application to return to Canada as a Permanent Resident was refused."

Can someone please advise me
Thank you
If you were refused a PRTD, and you didn't appeal the decision, you had your PR status revoked.
Therefore, you have no status in Canada and would need to apply for PR like any other foreign national.

Melissa2688

Nov 9, 2019
If you were refused a PRTD, and you didn't appeal the decision, you had your PR status revoked.
Therefore, you have no status in Canada and would need to apply for PR like any other foreign national.
Am so sorry to bother u guys
But what's the first step I need to take?