+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i reapply for permanent residence after being revoked

lolo47

Sep 11, 2018
i left canada in 2011 following my husband who had been deported to zimbabwe . we have been in zimbabwe since then. i understand that if you stay out of canada residency will be revoked. can i still reapply and how

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
Yes You can apply according to new express entry system from scratch...

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
First though you will need to renounce your current PR status before applying again. PR status never expires and can only be renounced or revoked. It would only get revoked if you tried to apply for a PR travel document or somehow turned up at the Canadian border given you have not met the residency obligation of 2 years out of 5 at which point you could be reported by CBSA and they start the revoke process.

PR status does not get automatically revoked which is why anyone who has failed the residency obligation investigates every which way that they could possibly enter the country and keep their status before renouncing PR themselves.

lolo47

Sep 11, 2018
First though you will need to renounce your current PR status before applying again. PR status never expires and can only be renounced or revoked. It would only get revoked if you tried to apply for a PR travel document or somehow turned up at the Canadian border given you have not met the residency obligation of 2 years out of 5 at which point you could be reported by CBSA and they start the revoke process.

PR status does not get automatically revoked which is why anyone who has failed the residency obligation investigates every which way that they could possibly enter the country and keep their status before renouncing PR themselves.
how do i start the process

talentdziva

Oct 4, 2018
i left canada in 2011 following my husband who had been deported to zimbabwe . we have been in zimbabwe since then. i understand that if you stay out of canada residency will be revoked. can i still reapply and how
PM me if you can....my brother went through the same process and we are also from Zimbabwe

lolo47

Sep 11, 2018
Can I reapply from where I am in Zimbabwe. And how long does it normally take to get approved.

lolo47

Sep 11, 2018
Unfortunately no. I am still struggling. I think I need an immigration lawyer to help me. I am stranded. If anyone knows any immigration lawyers that can help please PM me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately no. I am still struggling. I think I need an immigration lawyer to help me. I am stranded. If anyone knows any immigration lawyers that can help please PM me.
This forum is paid for by an immigration lawyer. You can try them to see if they are able to help. You can reach them by clicking on the "campbellcohen" on the top left hand corner of the screen.

Have you calculated how many points you have under the Express Entry program? You may not need a lawyer and might be able to figure out on your own if you qualify to reapply for PR. There are different paths for getting PR however Express Entry is the most popular.