+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I re-enter on used permit?

ar169

Mar 26, 2017
Hi,
I got a one-time landing permit when I became a permanent resident.

I landed in November and returned back to the USA. Now, I am still re-awaiting the card but wanted to travel to the Canada - I wanted to see if I can go by air, land, or sea using the Confirmation of Permanent Resident?

P.S. I cannot wait for the Travel Doc to be stamped to the passport

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi,
I got a one-time landing permit when I became a permanent resident.

I landed in November and returned back to the USA. Now, I am still re-awaiting the card but wanted to travel to the Canada - I wanted to see if I can go by air, land, or sea using the Confirmation of Permanent Resident?

P.S. I cannot wait for the Travel Doc to be stamped to the passport
No you cannot use the landing papers again. Its a one time entry permit and since you are a PR already, you either have to wait for your PR or apply for permanent residence travel document

ar169

Mar 26, 2017
Someone told me I could cross by land in private car (not public transportation) using that

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Someone told me I could cross by land in private car (not public transportation) using that
That's correct. You can re-enter Canada by land through a US/Canada land border using a private vehicle.

santosh3086

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
What documents will I need to show? and are there ant restrictions on time spent abroad etc?
You will be PR after your first landing. If you leave Canada, then to come back you can do one of the following things:
1. If your PR Card is ready and delivered to the address you mentioned, then you can ask your friend to courier it to you.
2. If you do not have PR Card, then you can return by private vehicle: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10
3. Apply for PRTD: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document.html

You just need COPR to travel back if you do not have PR Card.

To maintain your status as a permanent resident, you must live in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period. This is the only restriction.