+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i re-apply for visitor visa for my parent from withing Canada?

Hitesh401C

Sep 23, 2017
My parent's current multiple entry visitor visa will be expiring this year. Can i re-apply for her visitor visa from within Canada as my parent is currently in Canada? I will appreciate any information to re-apply if possible from within Canada. Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My parent's current multiple entry visitor visa will be expiring this year. Can i re-apply for her visitor visa from within Canada as my parent is currently in Canada? I will appreciate any information to re-apply if possible from within Canada. Thanks.
Do they have a valid passport? If in Canada they can apply for an extension. Just a reminder that they are still visitors and are expected to leave Canada at a certain point.

Hitesh401C

Sep 23, 2017
Do they have a valid passport? If in Canada they can apply for an extension. Just a reminder that they are still visitors and are expected to leave Canada at a certain point.
Yes they have a valid passport. And agree they are expected to leave Canada. But i was just wondering if i can apply for new visa from within canada or just apply for extension? Also will extension application be valid if the original visa expires in July 2021? Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes they have a valid passport. And agree they are expected to leave Canada. But i was just wondering if i can apply for new visa from within canada or just apply for extension? Also will extension application be valid if the original visa expires in July 2021? Thanks
Extension is what is appropriate in theIr situation. Yes they still qualify for an extension even if their visa expires in July2021.

Reactions: Hitesh401C