+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can I put my application on hold? I am getting married first week of may!

ei8hteen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
I am sorry!:(

When you say 'approve your PR' do you mean landing and after? or you mean sending passport for stamping after PPR request?

Thanks a mil!

ntwkengg said:
buddy i am saying if they approve your pr then you cannot reenter on work permit visa as previous visas are cancelled.

the other person that asked in this thread has specified that he or she has immigration visa on passport so i said No to that post.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ei8hteen said:
I am sorry!:(

When you say 'approve your PR' do you mean landing and after? or you mean sending passport for stamping after PPR request?

Thanks a mil!
if they already stamp your passport then only that pr stamp will be counted while landing and not work permit visa.

but if they give you passport request then you can still travel on work permit and reenter within those 30 days to send your passport or passport pages for pr.

so if you want to include your wife you can do it until they approve your pr or in between the pr application process.

but once you already complete your landing then your application is closed so you cannot include then you have to sponsor her as an immigrant which takes lot of time.

ei8hteen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
Thanks Ntwkengg!

+1000 for all your support

One statement not clear yet. Highlighted below with the ask!

Perhaps, I should rephrase it. When do they approve the application? At PPR or LANDING?

I already got PPR on Feb 08 (I still got 28 days to submit my passport)

My plan is to:
1. Submit the passport
2. Get is return
3. Do NOT do landing formalities, instead wait (Medical valid till August, 2016)
4. Go to India in mid of April and get married
5. Open a CSE and add a spouse (Submit Medical, PCC and extra PoF)
6. I assume the visa that I got after submitting the passport gets cancelled. Send it to NDVO to cancel it <--- I'll bug you all again during this phase
7. Come to Canada on WP. I have a job to join in JUNE
8. After positive decision on the application. Send passport again to the office
9. complete the landing

Please advise! Am I lost somewhere or my understanding is appropriate?

ntwkengg said:
if they already stamp your passport then only that pr stamp will be counted while landing and not work permit visa.

but if they give you passport request then you can still travel on work permit and reenter within those 30 days to send your passport or passport pages for pr.

so if you want to include your wife you can do it until they approve your pr Does this mean, before passport request or between passport request and landing? or in between the pr application processYou mean anytime! right from file submission after ITA to landing?.

but once you already complete your landing then your application is closed so you cannot include then you have to sponsor her as an immigrant which takes lot of time.

Reactions: ashwin.metpalli

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ei8hteen said:
Thanks Ntwkengg!

Perhaps, I should rephrase it. When do they approve the application? At PPR or LANDING?

My plan is to:
1. Submit the passport
2. Get is return
3. Do NOT do landing formalities, instead wait (Medical valid till August, 2016)
6. I assume the visa that I got after submitting the passport gets cancelled. Send it to NDVO to cancel it <--- I'll bug you all again during this phase
8. After positive decision on the application. Send passport again to the office
9. complete the landing

This should work. You'll have to retake medicals for yourself as well.

peterkc

Jan 27, 2016
Hello guys,
I have a similar case, i got an ITA in July 2015 and i submitted my application in October 2015 but i got married in recently. If i add my spouse to my application, how long would it take CIC to request my spouse to go for medicals?
No. 2, do i need to add some more money to my settlement funds in order since i am adding my spouse to my application? A consultant said i do not need to add any more money to my settlement funds since i am already working in Canada.
Guys, please what do you think?
Thanks

peterkc

Jan 27, 2016
peterkc said:
Hello guys,
I have a similar case, i got an ITA in July 2015 and i submitted my application in October 2015 but i got married in recently. If i add my spouse to my application, how long would it take CIC to request my spouse to go for medicals?
No. 2, do i need to add some more money to my settlement funds in order since i am adding my spouse to my application? A consultant said i do not need to add any more money to my settlement funds since i am already working in Canada.
Guys, please what do you think?
Thanks

ashwin.metpalli

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Thanks Ntwkengg!

My plan is to:
1. Submit the passport
2. Get is return
9. complete the landing

Hi Eighteen,

I am in a similar situation. I have just received my PPR email today on 12th June and have 30 days to submit my passport. However, am about to get married on 17th August, two months from now.

1. Should I inform CIC about my intention to get married in August and avoid COPR?
OR
2. Go ahead and get COPR and get married. Then update CIC about it and let them cancel my COPR and issue PRs to both me and my wife?