+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can I put my application on hold? I am getting married first week of may!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkumthek said:
Hi Eighteen,

Keep posted, I am in a similar condition as yours..

Asivad - Is it possible to enter on work permit/visa if CIC has put an immigrant visa on the passport??

Thanks
If you haven't 'landed' yet, your existing WP is valid for entry.

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
If you haven't 'landed' yet, your existing WP is valid for entry.
Sorry, I am confused here. If immigrant visa is stamped on my passport and I go and get married and ask CIC to add my spouse to my application then will I have to ask CBSA to consider my TRV and not immigrant visa at the border?

Sorry if I have understood wrong, please clarify, thanks a ton!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkumthek said:
Sorry, I am confused here. If immigrant visa is stamped on my passport and I go and get married and ask CIC to add my spouse to my application then will I have to ask CBSA to consider my TRV and not immigrant visa at the border?

Sorry if I have understood wrong, please clarify, thanks a ton!
If you get married after getting the PR visa and then add your spouse to the application, CIC will ask for your passport to cancel the visa and COPR. They will then process your spouse's addition to the application and issue fresh PR visa and COPR to both of you.

In the interim, you can continue using your existing TRV.

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
If you get married after getting the PR visa and then add your spouse to the application, CIC will ask for your passport to cancel the visa and COPR. They will then process your spouse's addition to the application and issue fresh PR visa and COPR to both of you.

Thanks Asivad..So if I am in India at that time will I have to send my passport and copr to the local VO. If that happens, any guess approximately how much time would CIC take to return back my passport. As I will have to come to canada to resume my job. Thanks again!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkumthek said:
Thanks Asivad..So if I am in India at that time will I have to send my passport and copr to the local VO. If that happens, any guess approximately how much time would CIC take to return back my passport. As I will have to come to canada to resume my job. Thanks again!
NDVO takes 2-7 days to process the passport and return them to the applicants. There was a thread about this as well - check the latest there.

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot Asivad.. Can't express how grateful I am to you for the information. God Bless you!!

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
NDVO takes 2-7 days to process the passport and return them to the applicants. There was a thread about this as well - check the latest there.
Asivad a last question - If situation comes that I had to return my COPR and Visa do I send an email to the CPC email address or raise a CSE? Also, I tried to search the thread but could not locate it. Can you please send me the link of the thread? Thanks a lot for your patience.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkumthek said:
Asivad a last question - If situation comes that I had to return my COPR and Visa do I send an email to the CPC email address or raise a CSE? Also, I tried to search the thread but could not locate it. Can you please send me the link of the thread? Thanks a lot for your patience.
Either of those would do.

ei8hteen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
Thanks Asivad! This surely clears a lot.

I was wondering if we could inform CIC now before the decision has been made and ask them to hold on to the process (not sure which medium email/CSE?). I am just worried about visa issuing then canceling then issuing it again. Not sure if this would complicate stuffs.

Thanks again!

Asivad Anac said:

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ei8hteen said:
Thanks Asivad! This surely clears a lot.

I was wondering if we could inform CIC now before the decision has been made and ask them to hold on to the process (not sure which medium email/CSE?). I am just worried about visa issuing then canceling then issuing it again. Not sure if this would complicate stuffs.

Thanks again!
No point in declaring your 'intention' to marry - will make no difference. Only when you actually do get married can you ask CIC to include your spouse in the application. Cancelling and reissuing COPR is usual procedure whenever there is any change in family composition after issuance of COPR due to birth/death/marriage/divorce - no complication there.

ei8hteen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
No point in declaring your 'intention' to marry - will make no difference. Only when you actually do get married can you ask CIC to include your spouse in the application. Cancelling and reissuing COPR is usual procedure whenever there is any change in family composition after issuance of COPR due to birth/death/marriage/divorce - no complication there.
Thanks a lot! Will wait for PPR - AOR Sep 02, PNP (OOPNP) inland

ei8hteen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
OK, PPR on Feb 08

Emailed CPC_OTTAWA trying to explain my situation.
I told them that I'll be getting married in May and I am thinking to add my spouse to the current application. I asked if I need to send my passport now or wait for them to extend my 30 day period, get married and submit it together?

What do you guys think? Shall I send out my passport or wait for their reply?

Please advise,

Thanks,

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkumthek said:
Hi Eighteen,

Keep posted, I am in a similar condition as yours..

Asivad - Is it possible to enter on work permit/visa if CIC has put an immigrant visa on the passport??

Thanks
no once you have immigrant visa all previous visa are cancelled.

ei8hteen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
ntwkengg said:
no once you have immigrant visa all previous visa are cancelled.
I thought you cannot use work permit only after landing.. I was thinking on going on a vacation and get married, add in my spouse and come back on work permit..

Totally confused now.

Please advise,

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ei8hteen said:
I thought you cannot use work permit only after landing.. I was thinking on going on a vacation and get married, add in my spouse and come back on work permit..

Totally confused now.

Please advise,
buddy i am saying if they approve your pr then you cannot reenter on work permit visa as previous visas are cancelled.

the other person that asked in this thread has specified that he or she has immigration visa on passport so i said No to that post.