+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I postpone my application to a later date?

Raindrop73

Nov 29, 2008
I have just received a letter from the CIC’S London office requesting me to send my documents in order to assess my PR application.

I am seriously considering withdrawing my application and stop thinking of going to Canada now.

Can I ask the London office to postpone my application to a later date. Has anyone here passed onto similar experience?

Cheers

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, you can not ask them to postpone. If you don't send the required documents within the time limit, they will consider your application abandoned. Better if you withdraw it in case you can still get your money back or if you are not sure, you can let it roll. If you get the PR visa, you can go to Canada and activate your PR status, then go back home. You can be outside Canada for up to 3 years and still keep your PR status.

Raindrop73

Nov 29, 2008
Leon,

In the letter, they stated that if I am no longer interested to go to Canada any more, then I should notify them by May and I will got my PR fees refunded in full !

I am changing my mind for going to Canada now after a deep research. In the current financial crisis, it is not worth going there just to do manial jobs. After reading the 'actual' stories of many talanted and professional people whose lives are shattered in Canada, and after the advice of many Canadians, I think this time is no good for moving there at all.

Thank you Leon for your response.

All the best my friends. Just try to make a good research before jumping into the plane.

citationx750

Dec 8, 2008
Online stories and such? That constitutes a "good research"? That's biased, one-sided and second-hand information to say the best.

Raindrop73

Nov 29, 2008
citationx750 said:
Online stories and such? That constitutes a "good research"? That's biased, one-sided and second-hand information to say the best.
No my friend, it is not just the online stories. Do not assume things without asking.

I made a good research using many Canadian websites and Canadian news. The unemployment rate in Canada is rising dramaticly and the latest news about the Immigration minister considering lowering the number of immigrants for 2009 is another sign for the horrible situation there.

I took the advice of many Canadians who are aware of the real-life crisis there.

By the way, the online stories which you do not like reflects so many cases of a profissional lives being shattered overthere.Whether you like it or not, that is the real situation there.

Unless you are good in networking, prepare yourself for a hard physical work, and prepare a dust-proof envelop to save your qualifications, as no one there will give a s..t about them. All thanks to the 'Canadian experience' execuse.

Anyway, you can take the advice of BCguy, who encourges many of us to work there as plumbers. Maybe this kind of work suits you, but surly, not me.

citationx750

Dec 8, 2008
I understand what you are saying. But I think it really all depends on individual experience. If you read news and stories, I believe nothing looks scarier and crappier than the U.S. Well my life evolves around the center of the storm - Wall Street. But so far life is just fine. Same goes with almost all my friends there with similar background. New students are still coming here by plane loads. I'm not denying the fact that there are good times and bad in general. But after all it's ALL up to yourself.

I was in Florida a month ago. The place where I stayed has a harbor for private yachts. One of them is a gorgeous 117 footer. I remember it for its name the owner gave her, "Risk & Reward".