+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I move to Canada legally with my current work at home job?

Fredcrox

Dec 7, 2022
I have a permanent work at home job in Costa Rica, can I move to Canada legally with my current work at home job?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am from Costa Rica, I have no visa yet. Where should I start?
So you have to apply for a visitor visa. You can’t live in Canada but you can visit and work remotely during your vacation in Canada. You can immigrate to Canada based on your education, age, skilled work experience and language skills.

Last edited:

Fredcrox

Dec 7, 2022
What is the maximum time frame Canada gives for a visitor visa? What if I get hired by someone in Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What is the maximum time frame Canada gives for a visitor visa? What if I get hired by someone in Canada?
When you enter CBSA will determine how long but the maximum is 6 months. To get a visa, you need to show strong ties to country, travel history and funds.

If you get a job offer you cannot work. Your employer needs to file for and pay $1k for a LMIA. The LMIA shows that no Canadian or PR could be hired, only you. Then with LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. Few go through the process, and it will take months to process. Depending on the job you may need ECA for your post secondary education and IELTS for language.