+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I move out of the PNP province or work somewhere else?

Decarbon

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I immigrated through OINP specifically, Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream and was able to get the Permanent Residence, can I move out of Ontario or work in another province or how does that work?

Thanks

ttsoldier13

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
12-01-2022
You can if you can justify it. You definitely can't land in ontario and decide to move out next month.

You must have a valid reason and documentation to back this reason up.

Eg to qualify for Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream you would have had to have a job offer from an employer in Ontario. Is this job offer no longer valid? Does the Employer have an office in another province and offered you a job there?

olios1332

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Belgrade VFS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
You can if you can justify it. You definitely can't land in ontario and decide to move out next month.

You must have a valid reason and documentation to back this reason up.

Eg to qualify for Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream you would have had to have a job offer from an employer in Ontario. Is this job offer no longer valid? Does the Employer have an office in another province and offered you a job there?

Yes but what if you have worked for that employer for a year and a half prior to getting ecopr/pr, And you have stayed in a province for that time, after you get pr can you move on?

ttsoldier13

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
12-01-2022
Yes but what if you have worked for that employer for a year and a half prior to getting ecopr/pr, And you have stayed in a province for that time, after you get pr can you move on?
I'm not sure.But again - your move needs to be justified.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
On what basis are you making statements like this? Where does it say on any Canadian website that you have had to have worked in the province for 1.5 years before leaving? Please provide proof.

OP your answer is simple: no. The point of PNP programs is to bring economic benefits, people, and skills to the province that nominated you. You must fulfill your obligations to Ontario and genuinely live there while your PR is being processed and then after.

For any other special circumstances, such as doing fieldwork/assignments or being re-posted to an Ontario employer's office elsewhere, you are best off asking the OINP and getting the answer in writing. Anything else is just misinformation.

Last edited:

olios1332

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Belgrade VFS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
On what basis are you making statements like this? Where does it say on any Canadian website that you have had to have worked in the province for 1.5 years before leaving? Please provide proof.

OP your answer is simple: no. The point of PNP programs is to bring economic benefits, people, and skills to the province that nominated you. You must fulfill your obligations to Ontario and genuinely live there while your PR is being processed. After you have PR you can do whatever you want.

For any other special circumstances, such as doing fieldwork/assignments or being re-posted to an Ontario employer's office elsewhere, you are best off asking the OINP and getting the answer in writing. Anything else is just misinformation.

I did not make a statement I have asked the question.

EduSi

Jun 1, 2020
I would like to ask. is there any issue in the future in my case? I am in bordertown Lloydminster. I am PR under SINP and i lived in Saskatchewan side of Lloyd but I am now working in Alberta side of Lloydminster. Any opinions about these?

Any opinions are highly appreciated. God bless