+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I move back to Canada WHILE my "Outland" sponsorship app. is processing?

hemlockmark

Jun 15, 2016
I'm a Canadian citizen living in the US 15 years now, applying to be an outland sponsor for my spouse. What if I move to Canada while my "Outland" sponsorship application is processing? Will that force me to reapply as "Inland"?

And what if my spouse comes back with me in the move... as a "visitor" before the Outland sponsorship is approved?

-confused.... :eek:

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
you are a canadian citizen. you are free to move in and out of canada as you please. it doesn't matter if you have a sponsorship application submitted or not.

no, an outland application doesn't automatically become inland if the canadian sponsor moves back to canada or if the principal applicant comes to canada long term. they are completely different applications, and applying outland has nothing to do with where either person physically is living. all it has to do with is what citizenship the prinicpal applicant is.

your spouse can visit canada during her process if she wants. if she intends to stay long term, she should be prepared to show ties to the us (paystubs, lease, mortgatge) and a copy of her application to satisfy CBSA she does not intend to work or study while there. once in, she can always apply to extend her stay while her applications processes. many people stay in canada as a visitor during their process and it is not an issue.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If the sponsor moves back to Canada while the outland PR application is being processed, nothing bad will happen. It will continue to be processed outland. In fact, the sponsor moving back is good, because the sponsor will have had to prove he or she would move back to Canada in the application. Actually doing that before the application is finalized means that if the visa officer asks for proof of intent to return, you can send them proof of a job in Canada and proof of a Canadian residence.

Likewise, the applicant can come to Canada as a visitor while the application is being processed. Nothing about the application will change - it is still an outland application.

Annalee123

Jun 30, 2018
I will be in a similar boat,

If I applied outland, sent off my application December 1st (for example), and flew back to Canada December 9th... My package would not likely have been received yet. Does this matter when coming back to Canada as a visitor to wait for my PR to be processed?
Basically my question is, do i need to show the officer a letter saying they have received my application in order to prove to them I am coming to Canada as a visitor to wait for my application to be processed and live with my husband?
Or does it not matter?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I will be in a similar boat,

If I applied outland, sent off my application December 1st (for example), and flew back to Canada December 9th... My package would not likely have been received yet. Does this matter when coming back to Canada as a visitor to wait for my PR to be processed?
Basically my question is, do i need to show the officer a letter saying they have received my application in order to prove to them I am coming to Canada as a visitor to wait for my application to be processed and live with my husband?
Or does it not matter?
It is possible, it is referred to as 'Dual Intent' - BUT: Suggest you have a good read here:

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada#Can_I_wait_in_Canada_while_my_application_is_being_processed:_Dual_Intent