+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I mail a document to IRCC after I have mailed in my application for PR?

Maxglide

Mar 3, 2020
I have a few documents being translated that are going to arrive close to the date I must mail my application in. They are the original separation document from my partner and her police, background check. Could I mail those documents separate from my application if they don't arrive in time?
Thanks in advance!

add info: I believe the certified translations MAY arrive one or two days after the deadline for me sending in the application (I know i should have been ready sooner but that is a whole different thread!) I just wonder what the lesser of two evils is, sending in the application one or two days over her allowed stay, or sending on time and sending missing docs ASAP?

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I believe those generally must be submitted with the application and if they're not, your application may be returned for missing documents.

If something like a police check is not available when you submit your PR, you must include a letter of explanation as to why they're not available and provide proof of your attempts to get them. You may still have some challenges.

Maxglide

Mar 3, 2020
I believe those generally must be submitted with the application and if they're not, your application may be returned for missing documents.

If something like a police check is not available when you submit your PR, you must include a letter of explanation as to why they're not available and provide proof of your attempts to get them. You may still have some challenges.
yeah, I saw on the first page of the document checklist that if you can't supply a document that you must include a detailed letter why. I wonder if i did that and explained that they are simply late and will send them as soon as I receive them, if that would fly? I know if you submit some applications online, you can add documents later by logging into your account and sending them there. I just wonder if you could do that with a mailed application?

Reactions: Jhegel

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
yeah, I saw on the first page of the document checklist that if you can't supply a document that you must include a detailed letter why. I wonder if i did that and explained that they are simply late and will send them as soon as I receive them, if that would fly? I know if you submit some applications online, you can add documents later by logging into your account and sending them there. I just wonder if you could do that with a mailed application?
U can use the webform to update ur document. If u want to make sure it call CIC and ask them if u are an inland applicant or u can email them too. But I am sure they will give u info about web form that's it. I updated my document through a web form. That's the only way we can update documents!

raybaba

Apr 14, 2018
goodday to you , please i want to apply for permanent resident in canada , how am going to go about it am a family of 4 , am from nigeria but i based in chile santiago but my family dey all in nigeria , i want to apply for the PR , please which one option can i choose for my status .i have my permanent residency in Chile .Am Higher national diploma in Accounting in Nigeria and my wife hold barcelor in Education English language from nigeria .

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
goodday to you , please i want to apply for permanent resident in canada , how am going to go about it am a family of 4 , am from nigeria but i based in chile santiago but my family dey all in nigeria , i want to apply for the PR , please which one option can i choose for my status .i have my permanent residency in Chile .Am Higher national diploma in Accounting in Nigeria and my wife hold barcelor in Education English language from nigeria .
as you know, immigrate to anywhere is a long process,,, it could be like 2-3 years period of preparation.

There are many programs to immigrate, so you have to evaluate which one it the best for you and your family.

As your primary language is English, I suggest:
Atlantic Immigration Pilot
Provincial nominees

You should ask for an immigration layer. Spanish is welcome anywhere in Canada too.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

Patsnits

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
I just printed my express entry application today and realised a typo error that the number of years completed for academic is incorrect according to my transcript but it does not affect my points.Is there a way I may notify IRCC about this as it was a typo error in my application and I didnt see it .

Please advise as I am really concerned about this.I'm not sure how I missed it both times.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I just printed my express entry application today and realised a typo error that the number of years completed for academic is incorrect according to my transcript but it does not affect my points.Is there a way I may notify IRCC about this as it was a typo error in my application and I didnt see it .

Please advise as I am really concerned about this.I'm not sure how I missed it both times.
Use the webform to notify them. If it's a typo that does NOT affect your points in any way, it's not a big deal.