+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I leave Canada while they process my Post-Grad Work Visa? (after applying)

frankfurtvancouver

May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm in my first year of studying in Canada, so I'll have a Bachelor's Degree in 3 years and then I want to apply for the Post-Graduation Work Permit. After applying for it, I want to use the 2-3 months processing time and travel through Australia. Then I want to return back to Canada and get the (finished) work permit.

So can I apply for the work permit (in Canada) and then leave Canada during the processing time? Or do I have to stay in Canada during the processing time in order for the application to be valid? I'm really confused about this...

Thank you

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

frankfurtvancouver said:
I'm in my first year of studying in Canada, so I'll have a Bachelor's Degree in 3 years and then I want to apply for the Post-Graduation Work Permit. After applying for it, I want to use the 2-3 months processing time and travel through Australia. Then I want to return back to Canada and get the (finished) work permit.

So can I apply for the work permit (in Canada) and then leave Canada during the processing time? Or do I have to stay in Canada during the processing time in order for the application to be valid? I'm really confused about this...

Thank you

If you are from from a TRV exempt country, you can leave/enter. If not, your TRV/study permit must be valid when you enter.