+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I leave canada after applying for MPNP for vacation

krexpert

Feb 4, 2021
I have applied for Manitoba PNP and now wanted to visit my parents backhome in India. Can I go back without any problem? Or do I have to inform CIC or any other immigration agency?
thanks!

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I have applied for Manitoba PNP and now wanted to visit my parents backhome in India. Can I go back without any problem? Or do I have to inform CIC or any other immigration agency?
thanks!
Yes, you can go back. Canada doesn't believe in holding people hostage for PR applications (even though it feels that way). The only time it becomes a problem to go overseas is if you want to work from overseas on a closed WP with location restrictions (for example, remote working from India for your Canadian employer), and at the end of your application to process ECOPR/PR Card.

Reactions: krexpert

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
When you say you applied, assume you mean PR application? If so you can leave. Don’t know Manitoba processing times but if you don’t have ECOPR by the time you return, do you have a valid TRV?

krexpert

Feb 4, 2021
Yes, you can go back. Canada doesn't believe in holding people hostage for PR applications (even though it feels that way). The only time it becomes a problem to go overseas is if you want to work from overseas on a closed WP with location restrictions (for example, remote working from India for your Canadian employer), and at the end of your application to process ECOPR/PR Card.
Thanks! Appreciate it

krexpert

Feb 4, 2021
When you say you applied, assume you mean PR application? If so you can leave. Don’t know Manitoba processing times but if you don’t have ECOPR by the time you return, do you have a valid TRV?
I have applied for Manitoba PNP. Not for PR yet. I can apply for PR after getting PNP approval. Yes I have visitor visa for 10 years on my passport. I also have work permit till September. I will be going to india for 2 weeks

Amr1981

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Kuwait
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
16 June 2021
Doc's Request.
24 Jan 2023
Nomination.....
28 May 2021
AOR Received.
11 August 2022
File Transfer...
Etobicoke
Med's Request
09 January 2023
Med's Done....
15 January 2023
Passport Req..
2 November 2023
VISA ISSUED...
22 November 2023
I have applied for Manitoba PNP. Not for PR yet. I can apply for PR after getting PNP approval. Yes I have visitor visa for 10 years on my passport. I also have work permit till September. I will be going to india for 2 weeks
It's fine no problem with that at all.

Reactions: krexpert