+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I land without job offer & proof of funds with PR visa under CEC ?

kvspm

Jul 18, 2014
Hi,
I got my PR application approved under CEC (Canadian Experience Class). Due to personal reasons, I will not be able start living in Canada right now; before the expiry of my PR visa (Exp date: Nov 20, 2014), I am planning to visit Canada for about a week in the next month, stay at my friends place and then come back to India. At the time of entry, I want to give my friends address to the VO to get the PR card.

Please help me in answering my questions :

1. I do not have any job offer from Canada and also I am not in a position to provide any proof of funds to the visa officer (VO) at the port of entry. Will I get into trouble if the VO asks me how will I support myself in Canada ? Is there a possibility of stopping me from entering into Canada due to this issue ?
2. Can I state my Canadian address (in this case, my friends address) at the time of entry without any supporting documents ?

Thanks for your time.

CEC_pr_hopeful

Jul 15, 2014
kvspm said:
Hi,
I got my PR application approved under CEC (Canadian Experience Class). Due to personal reasons, I will not be able start living in Canada right now; before the expiry of my PR visa (Exp date: Nov 20, 2014), I am planning to visit Canada for about a week in the next month, stay at my friends place and then come back to India. At the time of entry, I want to give my friends address to the VO to get the PR card.

Please help me in answering my questions :

1. I do not have any job offer from Canada and also I am not in a position to provide any proof of funds to the visa officer (VO) at the port of entry. Will I get into trouble if the VO asks me how will I support myself in Canada ? Is there a possibility of stopping me from entering into Canada due to this issue ?
2. Can I state my Canadian address (in this case, my friends address) at the time of entry without any supporting documents ?

Thanks for your time.
Yes you definitely can land, but its better to show some balance in any bank account around the wordld. In addition, you can state a Canadian address without any documents.

funmax6

Jun 10, 2014
Usually they don't ask for proof of funds under CEC, I believe. But when I did my landing (applied under CEC) with my family the officer requested me to show the latest bank statements, which I didn't have it with me. The landing instructions clearly stated I only need my passport and COPR. So I didn't bring the bank statements with me. But I had couple of latest pay stubs and the experience letter that I submitted with the CEC. I was still working for the same employer. The officer was satisfied with these documents and asked no further questions. so it may be better to have some funds in your bank account or a job offer, though these are not really necessary for landing under CEC. I think you can give your friends address if you don't have a mailing address.

kvspm

Jul 18, 2014
Hi,
Thanks for your inputs.

@funmax6: If I understand correctly, at the time of landing, you are working with a Canadian employer and that would have satisfied the VO. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Msrao

Jan 7, 2015
Hello,

I got my PR approved under CEC and Visa is valid till April 2015. I am planning to land in Feb. I have few questions. I got most of my questions answered by reading previous answer. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I have some specific questions.

I am working in US as a full time employee. I don't have any Canadian Job offers as of now. I am planning to complete my landing in Feb,stay in there for 1-2 days and come back to US , work here for few more months and planning to go back to Canada permanently after that.
Is it mandatory to Show proof of fund if you are not planning to settle now? As It it stated in CIC website that we need to carry around CAD14K (if family of 2).
Some of you have shared earlier that you showed employment proof and pay stubs. Is it Canada employment proof and Canadian pay stubs or is it your Country's employment proof and pay stubs? In my case it is US.
Is it fine if I show my few months US pay stubs and bank statement even though I don't have 14K in account.

Also in the goods to follow list, do I have to mention everything including cloths, laptop, camera, jewelry , watches etc.. or is it only electronics items?

Can someone please answer my questions. Thanks alot in advance for answering.