+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I land in Quebec if my CoPR mentions Ontario instead?

Azmen

Sep 17, 2018
Hi,

My initial plan was to land in Ontario, by now i want to land in Quebec. I understand that Quebec is slightly different from other provinces. So, is it possible to have my first landing in it instead of ON, do I need any sort of documentation or process?
Got my CoPR as a Federal Express entry, and it mentions ON as my intended landing province.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

My initial plan was to land in Ontario, by now i want to land in Quebec. I understand that Quebec is slightly different from other provinces. So, is it possible to have my first landing in it instead of ON, do I need any sort of documentation or process?
Which immigration program did you apply through?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Federal Express entry
You can complete landing formalities in Quebec however it cannot look like you are planning on settling in Quebec since you were approved for PR through the Federal program. You must provide an address for the mailing of your PR card that is outside of the province of Quebec.

Reactions: Azmen

Azmen

Sep 17, 2018
You can complete landing formalities in Quebec however it cannot look like you are planning on settling in Quebec since you were approved for PR through the Federal program. You must provide an address for the mailing of your PR card that is outside of the province of Quebec.
thanks. Also, mentioned in the CoPR that i intended to settle in ON, can I land in Alberta instead? or would this be considered misrepresentation?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks. Also, mentioned in the CoPR that i intended to settle in ON, can I land in Alberta instead? or would this be considered misrepresentation?
Yes you can live and land in AB

Azmen

Sep 17, 2018
Yes you can live and land in AB
awesome thanks. i am between AB, QB, and ON. ON seems way too expensive now, but AB seems unstable because of its dependency on oil, and the conservative polices.... what do you think about AB? how is the quality of life and overall job market?

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
awesome thanks. i am between AB, QB, and ON. ON seems way too expensive now, but AB seems unstable because of its dependency on oil, and the conservative polices.... what do you think about AB? how is the quality of life and overall job market?
All three's quality of life are awesome. Gas prices in QB is pricier than the other two. People in QB are very friendly.

Soon!

Dec 8, 2013
Which immigration program did you apply through?
Hello, I have, a think a similar question. If sponsor submitted application in a different province(in Alberta for example, was actually living there), but moved to Quebec(right before applicant got approved and got the visa). Does the applicant:
1: need the CSQ, if so, can they get it once they arrive in Quebec
2: need to land in Quebec, (can he do that without the CSQ)
3: Or he can only land or live in Alberta or different provinces except Quebec.

This is a spousal sponsorship program

Thank you for your time.

Desi_Jatt2023

Aug 28, 2023
They may ask you a copy of the CSQ when you go to register for Health Card etc. Other thing to consider is schools. Most new immigrant kids has to go to French language school, although there are some exceptions such as if a sibling is in English school etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I have, a think a similar question. If sponsor submitted application in a different province(in Alberta for example, was actually living there), but moved to Quebec(right before applicant got approved and got the visa). Does the applicant:
1: need the CSQ, if so, can they get it once they arrive in Quebec
2: need to land in Quebec, (can he do that without the CSQ)
3: Or he can only land or live in Alberta or different provinces except Quebec.

This is a spousal sponsorship program

Thank you for your time.
If you haven’t landed you are required and are living in Quebec and planning on remaining in Quebec after landing you are required to have CSQ. You can be denied landing if it is discovered that you were living in Quebec and want to immigrate to Quebec and not the rest of the provinces.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Got my CoPR as a Federal Express entry, and it mentions ON as my intended landing province.
You can be asked about proof of onward travel to one of the other provinces where you are going to settle. If it is discovered that you are planning on remaining in Quebec you can be refused landing because you didn’t apply for sponsorship in Quebec.