+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I know why I'm not invited?

abhinav_arya

Apr 10, 2021
Hello,

I have been in express entry pool with a modest CRS score of 434 (NOC - 2173 Software Engineer) since 6 months now. I have no Canadian job experience (never been there); I'm applying from India.

With this score, I am definitely not hoping for FSW invite (which anyhow has not yet resumed, until now). But there had been a few PNP invites from Alberta, Ontario, BC, PEI, Saskatchewan, Manitoba etc. I do understand that some had mentioned requirements where I did not qualify (for example, Canadian experience, job offer, low CRS for Ontario etc.). However, for the rest I am not sure where I missed even with qualifying score (CRS, EOI for a few).

They did not publish NOC or any other criteria so I am not sure if that's a miss. Does it still mean that they would have still invited selected NOC only.

Also, with this score and situation (I am about 10 years experienced, mid thirties) do I stand a chance in PNP or should I stop my hopes?

Thanks.

Thirty30

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
What's your IETLS score? Have you achieved 8777? If not, those 50 points can make all the difference, buddy.

abhinav_arya

Apr 10, 2021
Yes, my IELTS is band 9 score (over 8 7 7 7) and I have masters degree. In fact, I have maxed out all my options to build a good CRS score. Next possible options (nearly impossible for me) are Canadian degree and/or French language. Another option is job offer, but we all know how "easy" it is while being in pool (outside Canada). CRS is still not high because of my age.

Last edited:

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
Yes, my IELTS is band 9 score (over 8 7 7 7) and I have masters degree. In fact, I have maxed out all my options to build a good CRS score. Next possible options (nearly impossible for me) are Canadian degree and/or French language. Another option is job offer, but we all know how "easy" it is while being in pool (outside Canada). CRS is still not high because of my age.
Band 9 does not max out CRS from IELTS. It would take Band 10, which is not overwhelmingly difficult coming from India and having got Band 9.
Also, if you are married there are multiple scenarios to consider. Some people apply with non-accompanying spouse to get more points and then reunite, so long as they can justify it. (Of course, some other people get net positive points from spouse, so it’s a no-brainer for them.)

If you can somehow squeeze out another 20 points, it would come close to Ontario tech draw. Losing more points to the next birthday would be my concern in your shoes.

Thirty30

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
How old are you, if you don't mind?

abhinav_arya

Apr 10, 2021
Band 9 does not max out CRS from IELTS. It would take Band 10, which is not overwhelmingly difficult coming from India and having got Band 9.
Also, if you are married there are multiple scenarios to consider. Some people apply with non-accompanying spouse to get more points and then reunite, so long as they can justify it. (Of course, some other people get net positive points from spouse, so it’s a no-brainer for them.)

If you can somehow squeeze out another 20 points, it would come close to Ontario tech draw. Losing more points to the next birthday would be my concern in your shoes.
20 points seem overwhelming to me. Yes I could gain another 6-8 points with an IELTS band 10, only to lose it to age in another 6 months. Can't seem to find other means to reach 460+.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
20 points seem overwhelming to me. Yes I could gain another 6-8 points with an IELTS band 10, only to lose it to age in another 6 months. Can't seem to find other means to reach 460+.
How big a priority is it for you to immigrate to Canada? If a really big priority, then come here on a study permit and complete a Master's to get more points and then get a PGWP to be able to work in Canada and get further points (plus the opportunity to qualify for PNP programs that aren't open to you now).

abhinav_arya

Apr 10, 2021
Apologies for not getting back earlier.

@abhinav_arya what exactly is your technical or functional background and also what are your key roles & responsibilities?
I am a Software Engineer Tech Lead.

How big a priority is it for you to immigrate to Canada? If a really big priority, then come here on a study permit and complete a Master's to get more points and then get a PGWP to be able to work in Canada and get further points (plus the opportunity to qualify for PNP programs that aren't open to you now).
A course would be very difficult for me at my situation. Had thought about it.

Latest Ontario draw was 463-467 yesterday. Missed by 30 points as expected.